Thread: Something In Throat

Something In Throat

This is my first post here and I just need to get this out there. Today I was eating pizza and I feel like there was is piece of meat that is now stuck on the left side of my throat near the area just before the bone that sort of separates the base of neck to the chest. I was able to squish it a bit at one point and now im scared i have pushed it into my tracheal tubes. I currently have no problem swallowing or breathing. But I'm scared that now that I am about to go to sleep it might dislodge itself and make me choke or just completely go down into my lungs. I have had heartburn or burps have caused me to choke in my sleep. I doesn't help that I keep remembering that one episode in House where a guy had coughed up his lung because his food went into his lung; or that one episode of monsters inside me where a man had a pea in his lung and he almost died. I made an appointment tomorrow to an ENT thankfully online for tomorrow and now Im worried that they might not take my insurance. This isn't the first time this has happened but this time i just really freaked out and have been shaking for the past hour. I was reading on some solutions and advice on when the right time to go to the ER but at this time I wouldnt want to go since its nearing midnight where I live and I just know the ER would definitely put me at the bottom of their priority list considering how its not severe. I'm just also scared that if I do go to the ENT tomorrow they might not be able to see what I have right away and may need to a direct laryngoscopy which in some cases might be needed to be put under anesthesia. But what if they can't do that procedure because I may have eaten earlier and the thing is still there. I havent tried eating to dislodge it earlier today because I'm scared I might make it worse or I might just confirm my fears of it being stuck in my wind pipe? I have been drinking water and have been able to do so just fine. Earlier I was able to burp and I felt it move up towards my throat but not enough to spit it out. What if I do have it in my trachea? What then? It would definitely hinder my plans of going to my first day of class that i start this friday 😞😞😞 im sorry y'all im just a big old anxious mess. I haven't been diagnosed but at this point i can just tell i have anxiety. This post is a big old yikes.
    Last edited by Lemonsnout; 25-04-18 at 07:38.

Thread Information