Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Brain tumor fear!

Brain tumor fear!

Hi all

I am going to just come out and say it - I think I have a brain tumor!

I have never suffered headaches in my life and for the last 1-2 weeks I have had this dull pressure tightband feeling around my head headache if that makes sense? The type of headache you get when you have been crying for a long time, this is what I have all the day.....
    I do hydrate and I do try and not stress about things however I have HA.

Can someone please try and talk to me about this because I have been in tears crying about dying from this tumor in my head. I have been to the Dr yesterday and she says its a head cold or sinus/allergies...WTF, I am not sneezing or bunged up.....she said my BP was slightly up but nothing to worry about and not connected to the headaches.....

I really do not know which other way to turn....

Thanks all

Re: Brain tumor fear!

Brain tumours rarely show up as just headaches.

If you have seen the doctor then they would know what to look for.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Tension or stress headache. Not a brain tumour, like already said, they come with many more symptoms. Seen what a brain tumour does to somebody first hand, and it's nothing like what you have.

Thank you for your response! Much appreciated

I am naturally just a worrier..... I have HA and I admit it, especially if I do not suffer with headaches and then all of a sudden BOOM I have them everyday which is not normal for me at all.....if feels like my temples are being squeezed together now...

I will have to see how it goes for the next few days or so

I have this at the moment too. It does sound like tension. You mention a tight band feeling, which is exactly how tension headaches are described....

Quote Originally Posted by jojo2316 View Post
    I have this at the moment too. It does sound like tension. You mention a tight band feeling, which is exactly how tension headaches are described....
    I really hope it is and goes away soon.......really dont want to sit the whole weekend worrying....

I get that tight band feeling in my head, sometimes ringling feeling and heart races.
    It' likely something like tension headaches. Its an annoying feeling.

Plenty of rest, relax with yoga and meditation, and not fight anxiety so I read online helps me a little, but it' worth the try. Make sure you drink plenty of healthy fluids, I take ginger and honey with warm water now and then. And eat healthy and excercise.

Brain tumor would have other effects, neurological and physical.

When my panic attacks just started i had huge headaches the likes that make you vomit. Been like that for two weeks. The over two months with headaches ranging from 2 to 7 on a scale of 10. Now im ok. Just kniw that anxiety can cause this. If youre unsure go do some tests in a private climic if you have the money for it

Thanks all -had the pressure on my forehead all weekend :( going for an eye test on Saturday, apparently they can detect brain tumors this way also, freaking out though as I really cannot cope with this nonsense!

Hi Gothfairy,

Head pressure / feeling light headed / off-balance / dizziness - I have experienced the same and like yourself thought it was something serious. Have seen doctors / neurologist / MRI scan - all come back clean and diagnosed with stress / anxiety.

Over the weekend I felt normal (ish) however, since coming into work this morning I can feel the head pressure slowly building......it's tension and am sure your problem is the same.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information