Thread: Suffering terribly from anxiety

Suffering terribly from anxiety

I am a new user who has recently started to look at forums and chat rooms to try to help calm my panic attacks.

It all started about two weeks ago when I was sitting reading a magazine and suddenly I was in the grip of a massive panic attack, I thouhgt I was dying or going mad, very common but extremely painful. For the next few days I got worse and ended up in A and E where I was assessed and sent home.

That afternoon I begged the Crisis team who came to see me to please admit me to a Psychatirc ward which they finally agreed to.

I have now been discharged after improvements due to valium (diazepam) and constant reassurance from the nurses on the ward but since getting home and getting daily visits from the Crisis team I am feeling worse, panicky, sick, frightened, my head really hurts and I feel utterly hopeless.

Two nights ago I had a fit whilst on the phone to a memeber of the Crisis team at 5 in the morning. I woke up on the bathroom rug, fitting, and now have massive carpet burn on my face.

I keep feeling like I am going mad with weird thoughts and disengagement from normality, I really need someone to talk to, I am so scared.

All replies really appreciated

Re: Suffering terribly from anxiety

Hi Invierno,

Welcome to the site. Many here will understand how you have been feeling and you will get support. I suggest you made an appointment with your regular GP for an assessment. You might also want to make an appt. for therapy to see if perhaps something subconsciously might have triggered the panic attacks. I do know how scary they are but they will not kill you. Please take a look around the forum and know that you are not alone.

Many hugs,

Laura

Hi Invierno and

You'll get loads of advice and support here while making new friends along the way.

Take care,

Mike

hiya and welcome you will gain lots of advice and support here and make loadsa friends too hugs xx

Thank you for the replies.

I was assessed whilst at the hospital and have been diagnosed with 'mixed anxiety and depressive disorder' which no, I don't understand either! I'm not depressed I am terrified!

They have traced it back to the sudden death of my dad which I did not grieve over due to circumstances at the time.

I have read a lot on panic attacks but I still can't seem to get a hold of myself when my head starts to hurt and then I freak out and it hurts so much.

This is a horrible way to live, can you recommend any current threads I should be looking at?

Thank you

Hi Inveirno

Sorry to hear you have had such a bad time x big hug and keep posting and reading the advice and tips on here that will help.

Denise x

Hi Invierno

Big for you it sounds like you are going through an awful awful time!!

Are you on any tablets at the moment? Maybe you should speak to your gp about changing type or dosage if you are still suffering from panic attacks so bad.

I understand how scary panic is, and when you are having an attack you are right, all calm and rational thought goes out the window and its terrifying!

I think depression and anxiety can be linked so maybe this is why they have diagnosed you with both? I suffered from depression for years and now have anxiety so maybe there is a connection.

So sorry to hear about your dad, the same thing happened to me 3 weeks ago with my dad so I understand. Like you I haven't grieved, i haven't even cried... so maybe counselling could help you deal and be able to grieve.

How are you feeling today? XX

Hi Invierno,

Welcome to the Forum.

You will get loads of support and advice here.
    You could start at the beginning.
    Try to look through the Main Menu and look for common ground you share with other members,be it physical symptoms or thinking patterns.Coming to understand that you are not the "only one" with this anxiety can be very re-assuring.This is not a 100m race.We are in a marathon together.Recovery will take time just as it took time for things to get bad for you.
    Well done for taking positive action to address your problems-they don't fix themselves so you are starting in the right way.
    Best wishes,
    Chalky

Hello Invierno And Welcome....i Wish Ya Well.......linda

Hiya to nmp its lovely to have you here
    You will get lots of support/advice/reasurance and make some great friends along the way. keep posting with what ever is on your mind and we will help as much as we can.
    Hope to talk to you in chat soon.

take care.

kellie.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thread Information