Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ATOS Medical...

Angry ATOS Medical...

So, today i found out that i got kicked off ESA, not from today but from 31st Aug

It's cause i didn't attend the medical assessment by ATOS, i live about 35mins car journey from the centre and that just seems like so far away right now while im dealing with my anxiety and panic attacks.

I got medical evidence from my doctor and sent that off, apparently im not ill enough to get a home visit, the only other option they gave me was to rebook my appointment and not attend. So I did that and apparently my reasons weren't good enough.

I did a rapid reclaim today and won't get any money until i attend this assessment, i've tried to explain again and again that its just not that easy for me to attend their place and if they can even meet me half way or something but NO.

They're really not helpful and I was feeling so happy today until I opened that letter. Oh and in the letter, it didn't even give a reason as to why they chucked me off, I just got a P45 so I assumed I was chucked off and rang them.

Sorry I needed to vent, anyone else been in this situation? xxx

p.s I'm now feeling like Sh*t and just down and depressed GREAT. thanks for that you wan*ers.

Re: ATOS Medical...

Quote Originally Posted by IndianStar View Post
    So, today i found out that i got kicked off ESA, not from today but from 31st Aug

It's cause i didn't attend the medical assessment by ATOS, i live about 35mins car journey from the centre and that just seems like so far away right now while im dealing with my anxiety and panic attacks.

I got medical evidence from my doctor and sent that off, apparently im not ill enough to get a home visit, the only other option they gave me was to rebook my appointment and not attend. So I did that and apparently my reasons weren't good enough.

I did a rapid reclaim today and won't get any money until i attend this assessment, i've tried to explain again and again that its just not that easy for me to attend their place and if they can even meet me half way or something but NO.

They're really not helpful and I was feeling so happy today until I opened that letter. Oh and in the letter, it didn't even give a reason as to why they chucked me off, I just got a P45 so I assumed I was chucked off and rang them.

Sorry I needed to vent, anyone else been in this situation? xxx

p.s I'm now feeling like Sh*t and just down and depressed GREAT. thanks for that you wan*ers.

I've not really been through this myself hun but I thought I would offer you...
    *LOTS AND LOTS OF HUGS AND TEDDIES IN A BOX* hope you feel better soon hun

x

Friend: are you okay?
    Me: I'm fine

I wish just sometimes you would just look me in the eyes and say "tell the truth"

Faith Larriane, 24/02/08 my lovely little girl, not a day do I regret having you, 2 years & the best I have had so far!

You poor thing

I am awaiting the outcome of my medical assessment which I had on Wednesday, I was told it will be around 3 weeks. Seems everyone is being passed fit for work. It is scary stuff and I really feel for you. All I know about it is that everyone is appealing but I haven't a clue how or where to start with that if I get a fail.

Let us know how you get on. My thoughts are with you and I really do wish you much luck.

if your doctor sends them a fax to say you need a home visit thay will give you one

thanks for the support

London - my doctor did send a letter and they said i still didnt need a home visit. :\

i think its affecting lots of people it makes me so mad that the goverment think because people have this kind of illness they dont need help its all wrong ,while so many people who are allcaol dependent and drug addicts get money they put the stuff into themselves ,, but when your suffering well what the hell you dont count ,,i hope you can get it back

I failed my medical assement,even though I had major surgery on my cervical spine.This is the bones in my neck which were crushing my spinal cord.Ive now got numb tingling fingers and toes difficulty walking, dizzyness.Headaches etc.I wont give up and I am appealing.sorry about the rant but anyone in the same boat that wants to pm me I willtry to give advice and support

Quote Originally Posted by paperhanger View Post
    I failed my medical assement,even though I had major surgery on my cervical spine.This is the bones in my neck which were crushing my spinal cord.Ive now got numb tingling fingers and toes difficulty walking, dizzyness.Headaches etc.I wont give up and I am appealing.sorry about the rant but anyone in the same boat that wants to pm me I willtry to give advice and support

thats terrible!!!! good luck xxx

Unfortunately this situation is going to get worse with the new government, as the drive is to get as many people off benefits as possible, whether it's unemployment or sickness benefits. However, those in charge don't seem to have quite worked out that there aren't enough jobs to go round *anyway* - but that's another problem entirely.

Back to the original problem, it does sound as though you're going to have to get yourself there somehow or other. Do you have someone who ould take you there, whether it's giving you a lift, or coming with you on public transport?

hi, i got to have a medical on tue, i was told i was getting a home visit coz i cant travel, due to anxiety, the doctor sent a fax to them, but last week i recieved a letter saying not enough evidence for a home visit, even tho on phone they told me there is enough evidence for a home visit,
    i have to travel 15 miles to this, ive been stressed all week bout it that i got so ill, even my back is coverd in spots because of the stress, ive been given diazepam to take before cos i know im gonna break down panicking before if dont take anything, my symptoms are really bad, like upset tummy and i dont wanna explode when im there so gonna take med,

aint been out of town for 10 months, my mum has to cancel work to go with me, i was thinkin about not turning up, and just canel the benefit,
    dunno what to do, i gotta get taxi, and im hoping my diazepam is good enough, usally works, but dosnt help much if stressed,
    scared, i know it only last less than an hour, but if was in my town it would be easier

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information