Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anyone From The Sussex Area?

Re: Anyone From The Sussex Area?

Right can I get a final show of hands and then arrange a place and date for us to all meet and share experiences and even have bite or drink?

Oscar Wilde, Lady Windermere's Fan

I'm in! I wonder if we should try posting on the Brighton and Hove Anxiety Forum messageboard as well, to see if we can get any interest there? Do any of you know anyone on that forum? I've not joined a support group before, so a little clueless.

I was wondering if we could agree on a set number to kick off a first meeting and start from there?

Well, from what I can see, we've got:

Hypnoswisher
    Vivresavie
    Capricorn234
    Stevesmj

---------- Post added at 12:17 ---------- Previous post was at 12:16 ----------

Whoops, posted too soon - I forgot to add Em.ma.

Is that enough to start a group? I might pop on the Brighton and Hove Anxiety Forum to see if there's anyone on there who wants to join too.

This is such a great opportunity - everyone says how incredibly helpful support groups are, so I'm really keen to get one together!

I shall scan around Brighton and see if their are any locations I can book. Thanks

hi both of you I am also in west sussex in bognor regis i have an 8 year old boy. I have come back to England after living a number of years away and as I lost contact with all my friends now I do not know many people at all, I have been lucky to meet a couple of people but they all have there happy families and lives so that is why I have come on here to meet people who are in the same situation as me please feel free to send a reply and all the best.

Am I too late to say that I would love to join in? I live in Hove, and have just recently joined the site.

Hey Vie,

A friend of mine works at Brighton University and he is looking into what rooms I could book. I shall hopefully be able to update next week with costs and venues.

Hi everyone I have just come on and seen this post and am still interested in meeting up as well....what a brilliant idea. Please keep me posted...Ellie

So glad we've got some enthusiastic folks on here - I just knew there were more anxious people in Brighton than were revealing themselves!

Hypnos - do you think it might be easier to just arrange to meet in a cafe somewhere? It might be a bit intimidating for some to schlep up to the University, and also means more organisation and hassle for you.

A nice big cafe would be good - somewhere there's always a table, and that opens reasonably late (so people can come after work).

How about somewhere like Hove Kitchen? Is that not central enough? There are always loads of free tables (so we wouldn't need to book), it's got big windows so people can peek in and check out the lie of the land, and it stays open into the evening...

---------- Post added at 10:48 ---------- Previous post was at 10:47 ----------

PS. Obviously that way there would be no cost to book, either.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information