Thread: Moving on - or rather not

Moving on - or rather not

Just re-read some posts I made in 2003. I was 37 and am now 41! Feel I have achieved absolutely nothing - still a panicker. A bit down hearted to be honest ...

...especially as there are posts there where I felt I had made positive changes.

Re: Moving on - or rather not

Hi Amanda!

Sorry you're feeling down-hearted

Haven't yet read your posts, but if there are some where you feel you have made positive changes, just think on this....

Even if you go one step forward and two steps back.......that forward step is still a forward step......so focus on that one positive step above the two negative ones.

Don't know if this helps....I'm off to read your posts!!

Amanda, I know what you mean , my posts are just the same the past 4 years, its not fair is it.

your not alone if that helps ? does it ?

xxxx

Thanks for your replies. Good to know I'm not the only one who sits mentally in the same place.

Wink Re: Moving on - or rather not

Hi Amanda, don't feel down, I know some people have made good progress.
    Others of us take a little longer

When the rain stops, it's been constant for 2 days in Essex! we'll all feel better, make a few Summer plans Amanda? We'll all come round for a BBQ?

Davex

hi amanda,

have you had any form of therapy in that time?

the habit of negative thinking is a hard one to break, but it can be done it just takes a lot of effort. go over the time and think of all the positive things youve done, which may be hard if your thinking is that negative!but you WILL have achieved things in that time and you have probably made some progress in your struggle with panic, but you are discounting it - like we all do!!!

also panic cannot be completely banished from ur life, but you can learn to accept it and move through it so that it exists at times of stress but it doesnt disable you.

unfortunately i know that everyone isnt able to pay for private cbt, but for those who maybe could i would suggest you seriously give it a thought. it is about changing your thoughts and your behaviours that are keeping us trapped in old ways and habits that are making our lives a misery.

not sure who this will help, but its the only advice i can give right now as am in the position of feeling intense anxiety/panic and facing the truth that i am in CONTROL of this, i can either continue to feel bad by thinking negatively or i can help myself by changing the way i think and behave.

as hard as that is to take for some people, the current evidence is that this is the most effective way to get better.

best wishes to all emma xxxxxx

Thread Information