Thread: Visual Problems

Visual Problems

Hi, im sure this has been discussed before but i am very interested as i am suffering from reoccuring visual problems. I seem to get flashing/flickering lights which leave blind spots in my vision, it dies down and returns to normal within 30 mins and sometimes leaves a headach afterwards in my eyes and elsewhere in my head. I have had this happen on many occasions but this week i have had 3 episodes, wednesday,thursday and sunday.

Does anyone else suffer with these problems and if so did you find a way to deal with it?

Hi try these ....

Floaters
    FLOATERS
    Floaters

I had it all last week as well and I put it down to being tired and so hot!

I know my eyes are ok as I had them tested earlier this year.

Have you seen an optician recently to get it checked out?

Nicola

Hi Ben

What you describe sounds like a migraine. You don't always get a headache with migraines - sometimes you can just have the visual disturbances.

Probably best to get it checked out though - eyes are very precious.

Best wishes
    Rachel

hi what you just discribed i have mostlt if i have a lot of tension in my neck or i am over anxiouse i dont always get a bad jhead achebut feel heavy headed all day when this happens i no its mostly through being tens as some times i feel like i have had my jaw clinched tight for days and getthe lights i use to go in a right panic but then read about reflexolgy and just buy massarge the top of my big toe iclose my eyes and as i am massargeing i can see the light fade good aye try it next time i also think mine happens when sugar level drop as if i eat a biscute it can calm down but the big toe thing works now for me sounds mad but any thing is worth a try bye for now trish

Hi Ben,

This definitely sounds like the aura which comes with Classical Migraine - the flickering lights/zigzags (with the blind spot inside) usually move out to the edge of the field of vision after about 20 mins or so, leaving you with a headache or sometimes just a fuzzy head.

I had this for many years. You need to read up on classical migraine (and speak to your doctor) to find out what your triggers are. Could be stress, fatigue, missing meals or eating certain things (coffee, chocolate etc). For me it was the contraceptive pill and stopping it stopped the migraines altogether, but that's not gonna help you much!

Don't worry too much - it's fairly common and I hope you feel better soon,

Eeb x

PS Check whether any members of your family suffer from migraine. I had these for years before I found out that my father suffered too (but had never said)! It does have a tendency to run in families.

Thread Information