Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone feeling a little bit worried by this new flu strain?

Anyone feeling a little bit worried by this new flu strain?

Yeah..I am.I heard on sky news that two people got screened and taken to hospital in lanarkshire in Scotland where I am near with suspected swine flu or whatever it is they are calling it.

I'm getting scared it is gonna really spread everywhere and I dunno what to do.

Maybe it'sa bit irrational but it seems pretty bad and I don't keep great anyways.

Someone help me..I hate things like this happening! I am sorry for everyone that has caught it..I just dunno why thing slike this keep happening

And funnily before I even heard it on the news I felt God awful sick and all my muscles really ache.

So now I'm worried. I need slapped or soemthing. :'(

Re: Anyone feeling a little bit worried by this new flu strain?

Hi WeeMee..I understand how you feel because I am within 20 minutes of where we had 8 confirmed cases in the school. I took out my Purell and Wash 'n Dris...what else is there to do? I'm not going to walk round with a face mask. Just minimize being in crowds...like I said yesterday, your ralth comes before politeness and really, nobody should feel impolite refusing a handshake right now (just say you have a cold if you don't want to say the real reason) but everyone should understand. No kissing, hugging people for now (except our sweeties if we have one :-).

Please just take precautions...it is spread by someone sneezing, coughing, breathing on you and of course, touching something an infected person touched. I have to say I am a bit more freaked out than yesterday and plan to not touch anything without a tissue on my hand. They sell a whole box of little latex gloves in the pharmacy if you really want to go that far but then you have to not touch the fingers after they've touched a surface, just like Emergency Medical Techs do when they come with an ambulance. I think the first thing to do is get the wipes in the pharmacy, alcohol is supposed to kill the virus. Stay away from pubs, clubs where people are packed like sardines. For now...I don't want us to put ourselves through unnecessary stress and nothing is worth it.

i understand your scared so am i ive convinced myself ive got it cos ive had a cold for 3 weeks now anxiety makes us tihng irrational feelings its just that honestly xx

I had a crazy typo so just want to correct it...I meant your health (I wrote ralth or something) comes before politeness.

Hey thanks for the replies petals. Yes I am getting more freaked out as the days go to be honest.

And Lauren,I was out on Sat night! In a very busy sweaty club. :( And now after that is where the muscle aches and stuff has came. :'(

Crap. I'm gonna get some wipes and things I think.
    Amanda,yes I saw your thread about the ongoing cold,I'm so sorry about it. They are pesky little things,I just hope they get whatever this is sorted soon.

To many people going not well and dying etc.

I just have got freaked hearing that they think it has hit Scotland and that is where I'm from

xxxxxxxxxxx
    Really don't know what is going to happen with it all.

its only 2 people in tihs country so far wee so its not an outbreak so hopefully it will be controlled

My mum came home from work and she is sitting watching all of it on the news just now and I have had to put headfones on with music cos I just fele myself going to get into a full blown panic attack :Weep:

It seems so bad

I get freaked out at things like this as well, but we must remember that most of the deaths have been in Mexico, and they do not have the health care that we have available to ourselves, plus our government is saying we along with the French have enough anti-virals to treat 1 in 4 of the population which is reassuring. Plus it hasn't actually mutated as far as I know. I always carry alcohol gel with me and will just be extra careful not to go out into crowded places, it does scare me though.

Im not worrying, i think the news just wants to frighten people. I found the following link from last year 2008 more or less the same news but a different virus and where all still here.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/ar...-hundreds.html

Also dont forget how many people die over the winter months of the flu virus,s we already have in this country we dont worry about that do we.

Andrea
    xxxx

I agree, the media sensationalise matters & create problems that we needn't worry about. Yeah I agree we need to be made aware of potential threats but we need to keep it realistic - we are not going to get swine flu & in the very very remotest chance that we did there is no reason we should die from it, as the previous post says we have a good contingency for this in our healthcare system.

Try not to think about it xx

Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information