Thread: Anyone else get chest pains when suffering with a cold??

Unhappy Anyone else get chest pains when suffering with a cold??

Hi Folks, being totally irrational (I hope) at the moment but really worried about the chest pains i've been experiencing for the last couple of days.

Got a cold so got minor mucsular pain all over (no man flue jokes please!) but as usual with me its the chest pain that's sending my anxiety into overdrive!

So.......just wondering does anyone else get any chest pain when they are suffering with a cold? The pain I'm experiencing is like a dull squeezing / throbbing sensation with occasional stabbing pains.

Been checked out with ECG's & blood work etc recently (due to other chest pain that freaked me out!!) and all seemed well but was really close to driving myself to A&E this morning instead of to work as I was so convinced it was a Heart Attack!!

Cheers
    Nigel

Re: Anyone else get chest pains when suffering with a cold??

Hi

Yes I have had this too in the past. I think it is because of the congestion you get with a cold. Also if you are getting more and more anxious about it you may be causing it to get slightly worse as you are tense.

I found I got the pains when I had a cold a Christmas time and then took my dogs for a walk. I was worried it was my heart to but convinced myself it was because I had a heavy cold and walking in the cold air was causing my muscles to tense up a bit. I'm still here lol.

If you are really worried go and see your GP but if you have just had tests done, you should try not to focus on it too much. Easier said than done tho eh??

Thread Information