Thread: Do I have leukemia ?

Do I have leukemia ?

Hi, I am 18 years old male
    So, in the last 3-4 weeks I sometimes feel bone(shin), kneeand ankle pain (can be anxiety or the fact I started palying football again). The shin pain uccurs only a few times a day and lasts max 3 seconds, and can be pinpointed usually. It is kind of stabby. Also my muscles around the tibia bone ache. I thought of shin splints but it does not hurt while excercising and does occur at rest. I was afraid it might be leukemia so I went for a blood work two weeks ago. Everything seemed ok.
    It calmed me down, but last monday I started to feel a bit tired even though i think I slept normally, and also had a bit swollen tonsil, so I did a little research and found that people who present with leukemia bone pain can have a normal blood work so I went for another one.
    My MPV was 7,7 which showed out of range. I also went for a test half a year ago and I had MPV of 8,3 (even though some internet sites say 7.5 is the minimum), so I am quite worried. I wonder, do I have leukemia or not ? I emailed like 4-5 hematologists and blood analytics also posted on other forums, noone said I have anything close to leukemia and even suggested a psychologist. Today, I feel tired (i do sleep less and workout though, plus it can be anxiety) I had cold which my body dealt with well and the bone pain is the same, maybe better. Do you guys think I have leukemia or is it all anxiety ? Should I go for a third blood work lol ? All the bloodworks were done with a differential and no blasts were detected. Thank you much....

BTW, SOrry I cannot post links yet, so if anyone is concerned contact my through pm regarding the blood works screen shots.

Re: Do I have leukemia ?

Quote Originally Posted by jaroslav.prossv View Post
    I emailed like 4-5 hematologists and blood analytics also posted on other forums, noone said I have anything close to leukemia and even suggested a psychologist.
    You're 18... that, the responses above and the fact you're posting on an anxiety forum speaks volumes as to what's going on

Speak to your doctor or parents about getting some help with your anxiety.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Thanks, And your oppinion on the leukemia case ?

Quote Originally Posted by jaroslav.prossv View Post
    Thanks, And your oppinion on the leukemia case ?
    Did I not just give you my opinion? Please read my response again

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Do you think the symptoms can be actually caused by anxiety ?

Hi,
    It is unlikely it is Leukemia, you normally get bruises easily and have them in places you shouldn't.
    I'm going to go ahead and say its probably anxiety.

You've answered your own question in the original post you made. There is absolutely no indication from multiple sets of blood works done, from doctors, from people you have sought on-line to triple check those results and from your actual physical health that suggest Leukaemia. You felt a bit tired and then had swollen tonsils, a minor virus? You play football and have a few minor stabby pains for seconds, yep, no surprise there then.

We don't need to reassure you and tell you you don't have leukaemia, we aren't doctors so we can't anyway, but you've had huge amounts of reassurance already in the medical sense. Why would you trust internet strangers with no medical background, and no test results, over and above the doctors?

Anxiety yes, clearly anxious about your health, but anxiety causing the very minor physical symptoms - who knows. The human body changes daily, fights off infections, has assorted aches and pains from time to time, we all have them BUT you have become hyper vigilant and sensitised to them.

Thread Information