I had my best friend be unfaithful to me for years. It wasn't just once. It was facebook, Tinder, POF. No one he was "just friends with" was never just friends. He took a girl on a date, and i found her number. we broke up for a brief period, and got back together. He took me to meet his "friend" who it turns out he slept with/ sexted etc. This was after we got back together, it took forever for me to try and heal from that. ( I still panic inside when i hear her name)

He really is a different person now, and he tries so hard. But i'm so paranoid. I need to know who he is talking to. He just added a girl who he has gamed with in a group for months to instagram, and with in days added her on Facebook. Why the sudden change? Is he going to start talking to her? Why now? What do they have to talk about?

Please tell me how to fix this. I've stopped going through his things, but every day i seem to spiral worse because I don't look at everything he is doing anymore. i feel like i'm slowly dying. At least once a week when I spiral I ask myself if i should even be in this relationship if this is never going to end. I can't live like this, and he really hasn't done anything wrong since we got back together, he's been working so hard.

I feel like it has escalated into a life altering phobia, has counselling helped for you guys? I thought it was but now it's not as effective. Psychologists? Medication?