Thread: New week, new side effect :(

New week, new side effect :(

I’m on week 4 and have had quite a lot of side effects with the worst being full blown panic attacks. They have started to die down now but now I’m having diarrhoea! And without warning too. Not in any pain or feeling nauseous or anything. It’s just when I go to the toilet, it’s bad!!!

Is this a side effect or maybe not related to Citalopram?

I’m getting a little inpatient with this medication now. The anxiety is going away but I’m just so unmotivated and have low mood/little interest in anything.

Re: New week, new side effect :(

It's all part of this medicine..

This medicine [and probably all SSRI's] seem to morph into new side effects as time passes on.

What I noticed that helped me with regards to diarrhea is watching what I eat [more healthy foods + fruits + veggies] and completely cut out caffeine [Thai Ice Tea!].

4 weeks is still a bit early and things should start to settle down by about 6-8 weeks. If they don't, then talk to your doctor about trying something else...

Quote Originally Posted by epitaxial View Post
    This medicine [and probably all SSRI's] seem to morph into new side effects as time passes on.

What I noticed that helped me with regards to diarrhea is watching what I eat [more healthy foods + fruits + veggies] and completely cut out caffeine [Thai Ice Tea!].

4 weeks is still a bit early and things should start to settle down by about 6-8 weeks. If they don't, then talk to your doctor about trying something else...
    Thanks to be quite honest I’d rather have this side effect than the crippling anxiety! It has been quite difficult to eat healthy at this time of year but I shall take your advice and stock up on healthy foods. Thanks.

I feel your pain Jamie, you sound just like me. I'd get a new side effect every week in the beginning, it would go away, then another would pop up.
    I had horrible bowel movements and gastric pain which still hasnt gone completely away. I was on 20mg for 8 weeks and went back in to my doctor and had my dose cut down to 10mg because many of the side effects werent going away.
    So yes, def try to stick it out for 8 weeks, if the side effects dont diminish or aren't bearable go speak with your doctor.

Thread Information