Thread: Bruises and venlafaxine

Bruises and venlafaxine

Just a thought I’m having

Does anybody get bruises and is taking venlafaxine?
    As I do, but not sure it’s because of venlafaxine

Interested to see if anybody else does?

Re: Bruises and venlafaxine

I've never been on Ven but I've been on Duloxetine for years and for ages I've been noticing it takes my skin ages to heal. And if I picked a scab any bleeding was more than usual.

These meds do impact on clotting so I've been wondering whether it's my med or whether it's the toll anxiety & this med (it's been a problem from day one with side effects and much greater anxiety for ages, long story! ) have taken on my body if you know what I mean? Fatigue has been worse the last couple of years and generally feeling worse but I'm also considering whether my asthma may be playing a part. But I've had lots of problems with muscular tension, joint issues, bad backs, etc some of which things like transdermal magnesium have helped with.

Hi Terry
    Thanks for taking time to read thread

Had my bloods done for clotting and normal

I use transdermal magnesium Ancient Minerals.
    I know what you mean about feeling worse and the impact it as on our bodies.
    At the mo, food is an issue for me. Just the thought of wanting something, it’s like the mind as took over and not interested in it. I think yer I’ll get some off that whilst out shopping, and it’s still there in fridge. I need control back

Yes, I know what you mean, clio. It's like eating is a chore. When I was much worse breathing felt that way and I can remember months of finding myself feeling like sitting upright was wearing me out!

I've started looking towards what supplements might help in recent years. High strength Omega 3 helped stop the mood swings that only started when I went on this med. The magnesium sorted the joints out and Winter hasn't brought that issue back this year (was considering if I had mild osteoarthritis) so I'm looking at more stuff to try.

Ancient Minerals are the best. I've not tried them as I'm trying to keep costs down. Sometimes I've found it cheaper to import some cheaper brands from the US than over here. I always look towards ones with labels stating the mg per spoon and obviously it has to be Zechstein Sea as all other sources are inferior by miles.

I guess it's the power of stress?

I do often wonder about the neurotransmitters though. Some people say some meds make they tied & unmotivated. Motivation hasn't been easy although I often find it easier once started.

Thread Information