Thread: QT prolongation

QT prolongation

Hi All
    I'm scared so bad right now!
    I didn't even know this existed, I've been on citalopram before with no problems I had missing heart beats but always put that down to the anxiety though it did get worse at first with citalopram.
    This time on it I have the occasional light headed spell especially when walking around of from getting up, and I can feel my heart is missing the odd beat as I check it!!
    I had an ECG done nearly 2 weeks ago all was fine but I'm worried sick! I'm on 30mg a day of citalopram 20mg in morning and 10mg at night and 30mg 3×10mg of Propranol.
    Any advice would be great!
    Should i be worried and wide awake.
    I should add I had an echocardiogram done about 8 years ago and all was fine.
    Regards
    Melissa

Re: QT prolongation

I just found this site about an hour ago looking for others who suffer with missed beat too. I've been having them for years with my anxiety....just worse lately. Even getting a tiny sharp pain with them now which freaks me out even more. I'm not on meds but really wanting to now. Wanna try anything that will help them go away or not be so bad!! 😣😣😣

I haven't got them so bad in my chest now but I can feel them when i check my pulse, I'm now wide awake and have work in a few hours!

I'm sorry!! 😣 They are annoying!! Your meds don't help at all?? Bc I might not get on meds if they aren't going to help me!!

I think they work to a certain extent! But I now worry about the side effects if that makes sense? And now I've read about QT prolongation with citalorpam and the fact i feel worse when walking or getting up sometimes makes me a little more worried.

Thread Information