Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Itchy nipple

Itchy nipple

I first noticed this about 18 months ago and some lovely people on here helped me and it passed. Since Christmas my left nipple has been really itchy again when It's touched it's a real deep drive me crazy itch. I've also noticed a little patch of red dry skin. Literally if I touch this part that's red the itch is immense. I've put some e45 cream on the last few days as its been bothering me more and the redness has gone slightly but I've very sore (part of me thinks it's sore because I've been scratching it even though I'm not trying not to) my period also came on yesterday so that could also be why I'm feeling quite tender.

I'm just after some advice on some things to try before I get it checked to save wasting my Drs time

Re: Itchy nipple

I have been there recently and a couple years ago. Keep applying the cream, it eventually helped mine.

I find that if I've accidentally scratched my nipple, it becomes itchy and sore for days! I think that just means it's healing. I've learnt to just not touch it when it gets like that. It works for me. Sorry that you're in discomfort.

Thanks for the you replies. I did mention it to my dr when I went to see her about something else, she didn't look but said it was probably down to my period. The itching did stop for a couple of weeks but is back again now (I think my period is due next week I've just started back on the pill so things are all over the place) last night I half woke up and my whole left breast was so itchy I've left marks where I've scratched it so it's pretty tender today. It's strange that when I'm busy other than it being tender I hardly notice it but when I'm at home especially when I'm just out the shower and don't have a bra on it drives me crazy

Ok, now this is going to sound odd.......but bear with me. I used to get this problem on one breast only, and it took me a while to work it out. Due to the human body not being symmetrical, especially not in terms of breasts, one of my nipples was resting directly into the lace and seam of my bras. This nipple would itch like mad. You could consider wearing a seam-free bra with NO lace for a week and see if it helps? Or if you are able to, wear a seam free cotton bra/vest top instead?

Quote Originally Posted by Carys View Post
    Ok, now this is going to sound odd.......but bear with me. I used to get this problem on one breast only, and it took me a while to work it out. Due to the human body not being symmetrical, especially not in terms of breasts, one of my nipples was resting directly into the lace and seam of my bras. This nipple would itch like mad. You could consider wearing a seam-free bra with NO lace for a week and see if it helps? Or if you are able to, wear a seam free cotton bra/vest top instead?
    Thanks for your reply my itchy side and is bigger than the non itchy side and my partner had the same thinkin, that side was pressed against my bra more so that's what's irritating it I'm gonna try and few different bras and see if they help

The fact that it went for a few weeks means there can be nothing sinister underlying this rather delicate and annoying problem (My side was the large one too.) Seam free, non lace, thats the rule . lol

Thank you, you have helped me a lot today

The itching has certainly calmed quite a bit I'm sure a lot of it is to do with anxiety and my hormoanes.

The other thing ive noticed when getting into the bath today is a light dimple on that breast. I can only see it when I'm lowering myself into the bath so my arms are taking all my weight. I got my oh to look and he said its old stretch marks where my upper body is taking my weight. I guess that makes sense. I'm really struggling to shake this

Quote Originally Posted by Bakebeansrule View Post
    The itching has certainly calmed quite a bit I'm sure a lot of it is to do with anxiety and my hormoanes.

The other thing ive noticed when getting into the bath today is a light dimple on that breast. I can only see it when I'm lowering myself into the bath so my arms are taking all my weight. I got my oh to look and he said its old stretch marks where my upper body is taking my weight. I guess that makes sense. I'm really struggling to shake this
    I've had my moments with dimples too. I have one going down the right side of my breast (a good 3 inches in length) had it completely checked out and Dr. determined its stretched skin from having kids and aging. Then I have a 2nd one from a biopsy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information