Thread: Itchy breast?

Itchy breast?

Hello!

I posted this fall with a breast lump scare. I've gone through ultrasounds and a 3d mammo and my doctors have suggested that I take a wait and see (u/s every 6 months for 18 months) approach after my 3d mammo came back clear. I've been doing really well with anxiety since my mammo but I started getting a noticeable itch the last couple of days on my breast where the lumps are located (pretty much right where the lumps are located).

I wonder if anyone else has lumps and itchiness? I scheduled an appt with my gyn to talk about it along with some other hormonal issues but that's not until next month. I figured I'd tap into the collective wisdom of you ladies to see if this is something common. Is this common??

I did overindulge over the holidays and ate my fair share of inflammatory foods: sugar, dairy, wheat, all of which tend to make me symptomatic (gut issues and itchy or blotchy skin). I'm backing off to see if that makes any difference.

Thanks for any help with this!

---------- Post added at 13:26 ---------- Previous post was at 13:24 ----------

I should also mention that I just ovulated and started to get other hormonal signs such as spotting and increased IBS symptoms. I'm inclined to include the breast itchiness but wanted to make sure I wasn't overlooking anything.

Re: Itchy breast?

Anybody?

I can't help but we have lots of posts about this so do a search and you will be able to read the posts and replies.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Mine were itching like mad the other day. I even was turning red. Thankfully it went away. Put lotion on them could be dry skin.

Hi Leslie!

Thanks for your reply! It's a deep itch, so it feels like it's beneath the skin. It's definitely hormone related as it seems to occur with my other fluctuating hormone symptoms. I have the appt with my gyn in a couple of weeks and will ask her then.

I'm also going to get checked for Hashimoto's because I've been showing a number of signs of hypothyroidism: tired, weight gain around stomach, dry skin, wacky hormones, wrinkly fingertips. Itchy skin is a sign of Hashimoto's. I also seem to be dealing with more itch when I eat a lot of gluten.

So, trying to rule out a bunch of things before jumping to any crazy conclusions. Some days it's easier, some days it's not. Thanks again for your response!

I get this too, though no lumps that I know of.

In my case it seems to be eczema. I had to use steroid cream for a week and now I have to moisturise there every day or it comes back. I could never really see any eczema but the creams seem to have stopped the itching for a long time now.

Do speak to your doctor about it, as it may not be the same thing at all, but just wanted you to know you're not alone, and there could be many non-scary explanations for it

Hi DS,

Thank you for your reply! I did see a rash this morning which I've had before in the past. It usually comes after I eat a lot of gluten. Not trying to jump on the GF bandwagon but it affects me in so many different ways that I generally try to avoid it. However around the holidays when there are so many delicious baked goods, I can't seem to help myself. I'll see if going GF for a week reduces the symptoms any. I appreciate your kind reply!

Just wanted to jump in and say I went GF back at the end of October and its been amazing! I'm so glad I took the plunge. I use to have such digestive problems and now that has all cleared up. Its amazing!

Yeah I woke up with my left breast really itchy a few days ago. It went away in a while when I ignored it

My breast itching went waaay down after I got my period this week. I also made a combo cream of an anti-bacterial manuka honey cream (kind of like a natural neosporin) and an unscented, deep moisturizing cream (nivea, I think). That took away the rash with one application. I'll be sure to ask my gyn next month when I see her. Thanks for your responses!

Thread Information