Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Weening Off

Re: Weening Off

Update:
    Been on 5mg for 3 days now. Still feel fine. I will randomly have a hot flash once and a while but that's it. Ears are FINALLY starting to have less pressure in them thank god!
    My plan was to be on 5mg for a week, but I may just stop with that tomorrow and ride it out. Im ready to be off and have not had any other side effects from going down in dose so far. I have a follow up appointment with my doctor next friday so I would like to discuss with her how I feel being completely off the med, and this would give me an entire week to be off of it completely.

Quote Originally Posted by Wess2121 View Post
    Update:
    Been on 5mg for 3 days now. Still feel fine. I will randomly have a hot flash once and a while but that's it. Ears are FINALLY starting to have less pressure in them thank god!
    My plan was to be on 5mg for a week, but I may just stop with that tomorrow and ride it out. Im ready to be off and have not had any other side effects from going down in dose so far. I have a follow up appointment with my doctor next friday so I would like to discuss with her how I feel being completely off the med, and this would give me an entire week to be off of it completely.
    Wow! Good to hear you're side effects have been minimal. Please keep us updated on how you feel a week or so after you've stopped taking the med.

Update:
    Did actually go off completely after 3 days at 5mg. Ear pressure and head sensations were almost completely gone when I did this.
    This I believe is day 3 being completely off and I still feel ok. Ear pressure came back a little bit, but other than that no new side effects. Will update again on Friday which will be a week completely off and also the day I have a follow up with my doctor.

Quote Originally Posted by Wess2121 View Post
    Update:
    Did actually go off completely after 3 days at 5mg. Ear pressure and head sensations were almost completely gone when I did this.
    This I believe is day 3 being completely off and I still feel ok. Ear pressure came back a little bit, but other than that no new side effects. Will update again on Friday which will be a week completely off and also the day I have a follow up with my doctor.
    Awesome to hear! It sounds like you may not encounter discontinuation side effects [or they'll be very minimal].

Update:
    Tomorrow will be a week of being completely Cit free. I will be meeting with my doctor tomorrow for a follow up.

No new side effects. Some slight muscle tightness, along with some slight head sensations which ive been having but thats it. Still have slight ear pressure as well as muscle twitching which is really annoying.

Also went to my ENT the other week and was told i have LPR (silent reflux) randomly. Wanted me to go on some meds for it but i am so tired of meds that im just switching up my diet and see how that goes. I've read that anxiety can cause more acid production, kinda crazy how all things tie together.

Will update after my visit tomorrow. Hope everyone is doing well!

Good to hear you're still doing well now that you've been off the med for a week without side effects!

Hey guys,

So had my follow up with my doctor. It has now been over a week completely off and still feel about the same.

Was wondering for anyone who has ever weened off before: how long did the side effects last for you? Mine haven't gotten any worse since being off, but they def haven't gotten better either.

I was only on 20mg for 8 weeks, so im guessing it may take that long for the side effects to complete diminish? I will say the muscle twitching has stopped, thank god.

I still have the weird head and ear sensations as well as my bowel movements and stomach still being messed up from the very first time i took cit, about 10 weeks ago now. The head stuff just feels like constant pressure which i think is sort of radiating to my ears. My ears also hurt a little bit. Anyone else have these symptoms? And if so how long did they last for you after being off cit? I just honestly want to feel normal again
    Last edited by Wess2121; 17-01-18 at 14:15.

You may want to try Priobitics to try and get your stomach back to normal.

Discontinuation side effects could last a few weeks - but everyone is different so it's unknown.

you may want to see an ENT as a sanity check to make sure your hearing is OK.
    Last edited by epitaxial; 22-01-18 at 22:02.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information