Thread: Is anyone there?? Please help

Is anyone there?? Please help

I'm freaking out so bad! I feel like i need to run away. My son has a sick bug and I'm severely emetophobic! I've only just gone back to work this week afoter being off sick for 7 weeks after we all had the last sick bug. I can't deal with this again. I'm shaking so much. I can't breathe. Husband is downstairs with sick child and I'm in bedroom upstairs hoping baby doesn't start with it. I'm a mess. I'm terrified. I want to get in the car and drive as far away as possible. My chest hurts and I'm trying so hard to breathe normally. The night seems endless and I dont think I will be able to cope until morning. Is anyone there?? Please tell me I'm okay and I can do this. I'm so so scared

Re: Is anyone there?? Please help

Hey
    Of course you can do this. You may be feared of them being sick, but you are his mam, and you will be able to cope. He needs you. This will probably only be a 24/48hr thing, so try not to think the worst x

Id rather die than get it myself ....that's how afraid I am. I feel such a failure as a mum! I don't know why this scares me so much. I'm in bed now and have brought baby in bed with me because I need him near me. Husband and sick child are sleeping downstairs tonight. I wish it was morning. I wish it was spring already. I can't go on like this every winter. I feel like the world is about to end

Hi No you aren't a failure I have felt this too in the past. Today is new day Ok take a look at www.topuk.org It is a Phobia/OCD website full of resources including Peer Support groups which there maybe a local support group in your area it also has plenty of resources and help on the site. Do take a look ATB

Smile Re: Is anyone there?? Please help

I am here, friend. I too have suffered from emetophobia, admittedly it's a chute off the tree of germophobia for me. I still have germophobia, but I no longer fear vomiting or vomit. I still get the pang of anxiety when my girlfriend or friend says they threw up. My mind races, and I get this feeling of "I wish you hadn't".

Everything is going to be okay. Becoming ill and tossing cookies is an important part of staying alive. Vomiting is not a disorder, nor is it something to panic over. It's intentional, it evolved to help us and keep us safe. As scary and gross as it is, it is okay. When your son is tossing his cookies, perhaps thinking of the literal biological function of such things will help quell the worries. It's supposed to happen! Nothing to worry over too badly

I know you are afraid of getting it yourself. I assume that you are like me, and that when you feel nauseous you get hit with insane anxiety and thoughts like "I don't want to throw up, I don't want to throw up, please God don't make me throw up, I don't want it, no no no no". That's okay to be that way.

As strange as it sounds, I got over my emetophobia the first time I tried magic mushrooms. I was deathly afraid of tossing chunks. When you take magic mushrooms, you sometimes vomit due to your brain chemistry and becoming a little dizzy. I was not able to have the panicked thoughts. I submitted to the feeling and went outside to vomit, and I never felt more powerful. I was finally able to retch without fear. Ever since then, I have been praying to throw up when I feel ill, lol. The only caveat is that I cannot vomit in a toilet. There is still a great deal of apprehension and fear surrounding it. I cannot vomit anywhere but outdoors, but at least I can.

It gets better. You don't have to submit to the fear. Try to acknowledge how gross it is, but just like diarrhea and heavy periods, it's just supposed to happen and it will always end.

Hope you are okay

I understand this fear but you're a mom and he needs you're help. remember that

Thread Information