Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How to treat head lice?

Re: How to treat head lice?

LOL at the horses and 'something for the weekend' !!

Can I add, that they are not only species specific, but.....er......location ON the species specific. Thought I'd that just incase, you start putting lotion where it isn't errr.....needed.

---------- Post added at 12:44 ---------- Previous post was at 12:42 ----------

Hi Venusbluejeans,

Ankitey Jo's reply hasn't come across with the thread when you moved it, it seems that the original thread is somewhere floating without the OP post. ?

Thread fixed now I think

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Quote Originally Posted by Carys View Post
    LOL at the horses and 'something for the weekend' !!

Can I add, that they are not only species specific, but.....er......location ON the species specific. Thought I'd that just incase, you start putting lotion where it isn't errr.....needed.

And that includes romantic lice grooming of your partner...unless they don't know it doesn't reach those parts either

If i had only known this before i inadvertently gave a donkey a good time

EDIT: that sounds like I have romantic sessions with donkeys It's not true, you haven't seen me on the Jerry Springer Show

Thanks for all the replies!

Have no idea where i got them from as me and my partner are not kid people so haven't been around anywhere, of course it would be me haha
    Going to look for treatment in Morrison's tomorrow. The itching ain't annoying but its just creepy having something icing in your hair hahaha

---------- Post added at 13:25 ---------- Previous post was at 13:23 ----------

Aww the humor has made my day a little shinier thanks everyone ��

It's okay me and my partner have it at the same time so me and him are both creeped out and irritated ��

"Sometimes you win, sometimes you learn."

"Be gentle with yourself, you're doing the best you can"

~Update!~

Day 2 of the crawly buggers.

Now have some headrin and both me and partner have used it, waiting to wash it off in a few hours and hoping that does something. On the Brightside it was only £3.00 in pound world plus so silver linings!

On the not so bright side. My partner realized he had them last night while trying to sleep.

He was wearing his nightmask/blindfold thing with hid door wind open and just as his mum had walked past he started spurting a string of questions such as" whoa that feels weird, is that you? What are you doing? Ew if it is stop please that's too weird ew it itches why does it itch? Make it stop, don't touch me like that!"

She thought we were having some kind of uhh kinky fun..... I haven't been able to look her in the eye, she knows we now caught head lice off the kids but i don't think she believed what we were doing last night.

Can't wait to rid of these guys 😂😂

Head lice advice(ooh that rhymes haha)

So as some of you may know me and my partner are currently victims of head lice.

Saturday i brought us some headrin and we both used that. He is now lice free and just has to do more next Saturday to kill the freshly hatches eggs, i however, am not so lucky(of course)

I used more on Sunday as it didn't kill them all and now i'm left with some baby/small ones in my hair.

Should i wait till next Saturday and use it again? Or should i buy some stronger poisonous stuff and use it now? I'm really stumped :/ x

Re: Head lice advice(ooh that rhymes haha)

Welllllll, you've bred strong strong critters there! I can only tell you what I would do (but then I try and avoid strong chemicals in all aspects of life). Buy some teatree conditioner, a couple of bottles, smother your hair in it (dry hair) use a white nit comb and go over and over combing through and and through. Each time you comb you must get right to the scalp and pull right through the whole hair in a smooth motion - then wipe everything off on some kitchen roll and start again. You need to work over the whole head repeatedly for as long as you can, or as long as you keep finding your new unwanted pets. By the end your hair will be so slippery that you can run the comb from forehead to base of neck in one smooth run. You can repeat this process twice a day, or once a day....then on Saturday do the whole head treatment with your partner using the hedrin.

Personally I would read fully on dosage instructions on the leaflet the idea behind it is to break the cycle fully those baby ones will probably be ready to breed within days so more will hatch out yes a good knit comb is essential to get them out of your hair and also any towels you use after washing/drying your hair don't re use them wash them at the highest temp possible to kill any further lava or eggs HTH Let us know how you get on! ATB

Thanks you two!

I'm gonna kill whoever I got them off I really am haha!

I've been using conditioner and a nit comb quite a bit about twice a day but there always seems to be more

Going to stick with that and buy myself some stronger stuff soon, i'm ready to kick them for good.

Not even doing my HA in as I know they're not deadly but are royally getting to me too and causing a vengeance between me and my partner because he's fine the lucky bugger

Ah well, he won't be fine for long.......ha ha....if they stick around in your head. lol

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information