Thread: Pulsing flashes in corner of one eye

Pulsing flashes in corner of one eye

They started several days ago with a black flashing line. I went to my optometrist who thought they might be migraine related. But I have never had anything limethat before with a migraine. Now I am getting pulses of light flashing on the side of one eye. I know that chances are it is just a vitreous thing, although my dr. couldnt see anythng wrong. I made a mistake of googling and saw stories of brain tumour patients who died and flashing lights and lines were their first signs. Really freaking out now.

Re: Pulsing flashes in corner of one eye

Hey,

It really does sound like a migraine! I have had them for 2+ years now and sometimes I still get new symptoms! They are awful and can be very scary, when I had my first bad one I took myself up to A&E because it was so severe.

How often does it happen? xx

It has been coming and going. For about three days. I did have a headache for the same side the night before it started and have been really stressed lately. It seems to last for a bit, goes away and then comes back. I shouldn’t have googled. I am a single mom and of course you will find stories where the first symptom was flashing in the eyes.

Is it in one eye, or both?

This flashing light has been happening to me today, out of the corner of my left eye. Mine is like a silver or white flashing light!!! I have never had it before and I don't have a headache although it did scare me so bad 2 times that I jumped and the 2nd time I jumped it made my head hurt... It's got me really freaked out. I just searched here, flashing light in the outer corner of eye and came across your post. Just wow

What color is the light for you? I don't have any black lines and I know I don't have a brain tumor as I have had a ct scan and 2 brain MRI for dizzy spells about 6 months ago.

The first symptom of what was flashing in the eyes?
    Last edited by Careful1; 21-01-18 at 17:25.

Thread Information