Thread: Frightened about ovarian cancer symptoms

Frightened about ovarian cancer symptoms

Hi - can anyone help talk me back from the anxiety cliff edge please. I've had CBT in the past which was helpful but even those techniques are failing me right now.

About 2 months ago I started getting pelvic pain. That's now accompanied by back ache, bloating, indigestion - yes, all the symptoms of ovarian cancer. I've learnt not to google symptoms but have fallen off the wagon on that one these past few days. I also know through CBT not to keep checking on symptoms i.e. pressing my abdomen, weighing myself etc - but seem to be caught in HA's vice-like grip once again and can't get out of it.

I am now absolutely terrified I have ovarian cancer. I saw my GP yesterday and am having a blood test on Monday and have asked for an ultrasound -
    so I need to wait for that to come through. Just waiting till Monday for my blood test is causing my anxiety levels to go through the roof. And then waiting for the ultrasound on top of that... I'm not sure I am going to be able to manage my anxiety until then.

I am convinced I have OC and that I am going to die. Then I get worked up because I've been having premonitions of my own death and then I get into a real morbid state.

I have a constant gnawing anxiety in my stomach as soon as I wake up.
    My rational head says it could be IBS (I have had a history of that) or other minor issues - but the anxiety is completely ruining my life right now and I just can't even relax and enjoy the simple things.

Any calm words of wisdom much appreciated. Thank you so much

Re: Frightened about ovarian cancer symptoms

Hi, it could all be stress related? How old are you? I've had abit of a panic lately. I get brown discharge 10 days after my period for about a week.bits happened every month for 6 months. Are your smears normal? Big hug x

How are you getting on twofish

Feeling exactly the same. Couldn't mange into work to day for the anxiety caused by this. Waiting on blood results and ultrasount appointment. Blood found in urine but no infection so this has sent me over the edge!

What symptoms do you have michele

Any news from anyone??

Sorry to be out of the loop.

I ended up paying for an ultrasound which was the best thing I could have done. It showed nothing sinister but because of my age my ovaries are starting to release multiple eggs each month (in a last ditch attempt to get pregnant).

I had a very large corpus luteum cyst that the technician said was probably causing all the pain. Sure enough, within a couple of days and a few days before my period I felt it pop - and no more pain. So all good. I now know to recognise the pain and also the symptoms that the anxiety brings on.

Few that’s good news. Well done first r being so brave x

Thread Information