Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Persistent period - type pain - Ovarian Cancer?

Persistent period - type pain - Ovarian Cancer?

Hello ladies!

Have any of you ever suffered from persistent period type cramps? I've been having these cramps for a week now and they're not too crazy, but they are a discomfort. The pain goes into my thighs at times and freaks me out. Also, I don't have my period, I just had it two weeks ago. Of course I Googled and landed on Ovarian cancer. I'm scared because this time my symptoms are real and difficult to ignore. Please help :(

Re: Persistent period - type pain - Ovarian Cancer?

I get that sometimes for no reason. It also goes into my legs. Since you had your period two weeks ago you might be ovulating right now, and that could cause pain as well. I don’t know the cause but just wanted to say you’re not alone.

Hi. It sounds like ovulation pain? I never noticed it until I had my second child. My periods got heavier again and I notice the pain mid-cycle for the first time. The legs thing is weird isn't it. I dunno why the pain spreads to there.

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thank you for your replies! I don’t think it is ovulation pain, because apparently that doesn’t last longer than a few hours to a day. I am 30 with two children. So really hoping it’s nothing serious. Will wait a week or so to see if it is alleviated, otherwise will go to the doctor.

I remember when I had my ultrasounds for my kiddos in the past it was shown that I had a fibroid. But I have never gotten any symptoms from it before

I’ve got this at the moment. I of course googled too and then immediately wished I hadn’t. Went to gp and she thought i had urinary tract infection, but pathology didn’t show that. So I’m going back in tomorrow so she can look into further. I had ultrasound scan last June which didn’t show any issues with ovaries, just thick uterine lining which could apparently cause discomfort so they did d&c then put in mirena. It’s so hard as there’s so many less sinister things that can cause this but easy for the anxiety to kick in and convince you of the worst!

My symptoms are very similar. Right groin and thigh ache which comes and goes. I have no idea what makes me think ovarian cancer but for some reason I can't get it out of my head. My periods are regular as clock work, no irregular bleeding or bloating. I have lower back pain on and off depending on how I slept that night and I've had that for years. Nothing is painful it's like a twitch or twinge, almost like a pull. It started last November, then went away for a good few weeks and then started again on Tuesday. My anxiety had been great up until this started again! I can't feel any lumps etc

Quote Originally Posted by katniss View Post
    Thank you for your replies! I don’t think it is ovulation pain, because apparently that doesn’t last longer than a few hours to a day.
    Re: ovulation pain: it may very well persist for longer than that. I have had ovulation pain between my periods for decades. Sometimes less, sometimes more. It lasts at least a few days, up to a week, l guess a few days leading up to ovulation, and a couple days after until everything is settled again and happy. I also have IBS, and that exacerbates each other, ovulation makes my IBS pain worse, and if I have a bad stretch with IBS, my ovulation pain is worse. Whatever is first, the chicken or the egg, so to speak.

The pain can radiate down into the thighs, and up into the intestinal tract, and into the lower back region. Everything feels tense and crampy. Ibuprofen alleviates the pain sometimes.

Hope that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Blonde123 View Post
    My symptoms are very similar. Right groin and thigh ache which comes and goes. I have no idea what makes me think ovarian cancer but for some reason I can't get it out of my head. My periods are regular as clock work, no irregular bleeding or bloating. I have lower back pain on and off depending on how I slept that night and I've had that for years. Nothing is painful it's like a twitch or twinge, almost like a pull. It started last November, then went away for a good few weeks and then started again on Tuesday. My anxiety had been great up until this started again! I can't feel any lumps etc
    If it’s off and on it doesn’t sound serious!

---------- Post added at 15:29 ---------- Previous post was at 15:24 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Concha View Post
    Re: ovulation pain: it may very well persist for longer than that. I have had ovulation pain between my periods for decades. Sometimes less, sometimes more. It lasts at least a few days, up to a week, l guess a few days leading up to ovulation, and a couple days after until everything is settled again and happy. I also have IBS, and that exacerbates each other, ovulation makes my IBS pain worse, and if I have a bad stretch with IBS, my ovulation pain is worse. Whatever is first, the chicken or the egg, so to speak.

The pain can radiate down into the thighs, and up into the intestinal tract, and into the lower back region. Everything feels tense and crampy. Ibuprofen alleviates the pain sometimes.

Hope that helps.
    Thank you for your answer My pain is going on it’s 4th week now. Doubt it’s related to ovulation :(

I actually a found a small pea sized lump which is movable in my right pelvic area. I went to the doctor who checked and couldn’t feel it. He did a urine test which showed microscopic blood and he said that is usually a result of urinary tract infections. He gave me a prescription for an antibiotic and a requisition for an ultrasound. I am waiting for the ultrasound appointment. But I can definitely feel the lump, even my husband can. I think the doctor was in a hurry. So yes, I haven’t been this freaked out in a while. Super scared and can’t stop getting emotional. Especially around my kids. I think the lump may be a lymph node but that still doesn’t alleviate any fears around ovarian cancer. Super scared

Normal to be able to feel groin nodes, especially along the inguinal ligament. I can literally feel about 12.

---------- Post added at 17:12 ---------- Previous post was at 16:48 ----------

Plus, I see your 4-week pelvic pain and raise you four months. And weird periods.

You know you have a fibroid. Fibroids can cause exactly this sort of thing. Maybe it's grown a little. I'd be ****ing over the moon if I got told my issues are down to a fibroid!

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information