Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shiver feeling in head

Re: Shiver feeling in head

Quote Originally Posted by Kelley View Post
    Hey.
    I get this too! It's very random and I can't relate it to anything specific. I'd describe it like a little rush of tingles either on one side of my head or sometimes all over, it lasts for something like 5-10 seconds and might just happen once or a few times in a row.

Kel
    Kel, I was trying to describe them and saw your post, which is much like I get apart from my head has been feeling fuzzy for several days now, I put it down to the massive panic attack I had after a period of stability which has knocked me sideways, can be very frightening though and trigger a full blown attack for me oh the joys lol much love to all x

I am getting a shivery feeling down one side of my head and then goes after 5-10 seconds afterwards - is it anything to worry about - i started Venlafaxine 3 weeks ago .

yes I do have it from time to time.

Nikki-Yvonne,

As it relates to ven start-up, this was a normal side effect for me. It is just the ven settling in. It seems alarming I know, and to a lesser extent may happen with increases especially at first, but it is nothing to worry about, just the ven settling in. I also had a lot of "butterflies" and tightening of my stomach muscles, but when I read more on how many serotonin receptors are located in the gut, it began to make sense.

As with all the other s/e, the important thing is to give them a good 6 weeks to subside and THEN you can judge the venlaxafine on it's merits. That's when to consider if you are as affected by depression and worry as you were before starting. The effects may still be subtle at this point, but for me I remember realizing that it had been some days since I had last cried in hopelessness, and that was enough to recognize that it was helping. It is subtle much of the time, but slowly and over time you will notice the benefits if you are able to stick with it. Best of all, once the fuzzy-head/foggy brain side effect left, I have been able to think clearly since, like my old self, but better, in that I can usually steer right away from negative thoughts.

For me, to be able to escape constant worry and sadness, without numbing my mind or feelings, is what I was looking for. I hope you find what you need as well, keep us posted!

(ps thanks all for an interesting discussion of this symptom, if nothing else, it is common enough generally for me to conclude that it doesn't mean anything dire! Perhaps our brain just normally shifts gears a bit occasionally, and it's just different sets of nerves getting activated. Probably happens more often than we are aware of, and we only notice because we aren't asleep or in the middle of something when it has happened to us! )
    Marie

I have just stumbled across this forum post as I search the shiver feelings in head. As nobody seemed to have the answers here I have also just stumbed across this which I believe to be the explanation.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autonomous_sensory_meridian_response

ASMR - "static-like or tingling sensation on the skin that typically begins on the scalp and moves down the back of the neck and upper spine" "signifies the subjective experience of 'low-grade euphoria' characterized by 'a combination of positive feelings, and a distinct static-like tingling sensation on the skin'. It is most commonly triggered by specific acoustic, visual and digital media stimuli, ..."

I get this a lot, many times when I'm listening to a really good piece of music or remembering something that means a lot. I imagine it to be the feeling of jumping from a steady emotional state to an extreme one so quickly, that the fizzling is like the aftermath static from our brain neurons firing up at once, like one electrical tidal wave

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information