Thread: Severe vertigo poss anxiety related?

Severe vertigo poss anxiety related?

Could severe vertigo be completely anxiety related? I have occasional bouts of it that last several hours during which time I'm completely unable to move as it's so bad. Drs have said there is nothing they can see that is causing the problem. I am beginning to think that it's purely anxiety and nothing more.

Anyone else have this experience? It's not the same as the lightheaded/dizzy feeling alot of us experience alot of the time. (something I also have...)

Thanks

x

Re: Severe vertigo poss anxiety related?

Hi hun can u explain the way it feels? Its difficult to describe it but mine is like in my eyes wen i stand or sit or walk its like my head is heavy and i have to watch how i bend etc cos it makes me feel funny like my head will drop off or ill fall over . Horrible feeling hope it eases for u xxx

I've had it in the past, I'm fairly sure it's the medication I take as opposed to the actual anxiety. I wake up with it.

sounds like possible labyrinthitis, an inner ear infection. i had it for about 7 months, i still get the odd moment where i feel as if i am being slowly pushed forward when i stand still. move your finger from left to right in front of your eyes and concentrate on it for a while, if it makes your head go funny then i would at least go to the dr and request he puts you on a course of bethahistine hydrochloride. they certainly helped me.
    good luck and get well soon.

Unhappy Re: Severe vertigo poss anxiety related?

Quote Originally Posted by frenchbean View Post
    Could severe vertigo be completely anxiety related? I have occasional bouts of it that last several hours during which time I'm completely unable to move as it's so bad. Drs have said there is nothing they can see that is causing the problem. I am beginning to think that it's purely anxiety and nothing more.

Anyone else have this experience? It's not the same as the lightheaded/dizzy feeling alot of us experience alot of the time. (something I also have...)

Thanks

x
    i am having this right now and have been in bed 3 weeks and it is making my anxiety go from 5 to 20 and my ear is ringing like crazy. i cant do anything i am always dizzy. help.

Thread Information