Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New User - Pressure in head

New User - Pressure in head

Hey, i'm new here, just found this site while googling my symptoms, it's made me feel a lot better already.

What i have is a pressure feeling in my head, i just woke up early one morning at about 3am 3 weeks ago with it. Over the last few weeks ive just been worrying about brain tumours etc, but i'm starting to calm down now.

I've been to the doctor twice, the first time he checked my eyes for any signs of increased pressure in my head, and he said there wasn't anyway, which was a relief. He diagnosed me with infected sinus possibly due to the problems i have with my teeth. I got medication and went home feeling slightly better, but still with a bad feeling.

After 2 weeks my head didnt get better, so i went back to the docs. This time he diagnosed me with tension headaches due to poor posture.

I felt better for about a day after this, but then started worrying again. Tonight I went to sleep for a while to try and forget about it, then i had a few thoughts.

I can't get to sleep without lying on my back, perhaps the pain/pressure (which is mainly in the back of my head) is due to my pillow not being soft enough so has bruised my head or something. When i lie on my side, my head feels a bit better.

Does anyone have the same head problem as me?

Merry Xmas[}]

*perhaps the pain/pressure (which is mainly in the back of my head) is due to my pillow not being soft enough so has bruised my head or something.*

In reality I doubt it unless you're sleeping on a house brick .

More likely to be build up of tension in your shoulders and neck leading you to look like yogi bear - go and look in the mirror and see where your shoulders are ?? up by your ears .

If you can get someone to do some massage - bonus, if not then do some very very very slow head turns and forward and back too , plus a warm bath with lots of shoulder shrugging.

Whats up with your teeth ?

Meg
    www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
    How big is your gallery ?

Hey, thanks for the reply.

Ive tried hot baths and showers etc, they help for a while, but then about half an hour later it just goes back to the way it was again. Ive got to get 5 fillings in my teeth and a tooth taken out (the price i pay for not going to the dentist for 3 years =S) Didn't realise my teeth were that bad until i went!

I'll try the shoulder shrugging and head turning things! My doc recommended i stretch my neck every 30 mins or so!

Thanks again

=)

*Ive tried hot baths and showers etc, they help for a while* If they help at all with warmth sounds imflammatory - a hot water bottle slung round your neck may help for longer.

Unless the teeth are really and swollen and painful already
    its not likely to be that either. Look at everyday posture and activities first.

Meg

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.

Ok, i'll try the hot water bottle! I just felt my kneck muscles, and they are really tense, so i'm getting less worried thats it's anything serious! My head isn't tender to touch, it just hurts a little when i lie on my back, also sometimes it feels a little itchy inside =S I can also feel the pressure in my ears as well. Is this all related to muscular tension?

In a word = Yes .

Remember that the muscles in your neck come from the shoulders up the neck and hold your head up.

Go all floppy as well as those exercises and apply heat.

Meg

Also...sometimes when i close my eyes my head wants to voluntarily fall to the left... (sorry about all the posts, i keep remembering symptoms!)

ross ive had similar symptoms, sometimes i think my head feels like it could pop, i also have felt theres a weight somewhere on my head and pulling it over, i think distraction is the key.

i think this isnt a symptom at all but a common thaught people with anxiety can have.

Hey Kimmy, thanks for the reply. Everyone keeps telling me that it's just anxiety, and I know deep down it is, but it's so hard to convince myself. Now i have pins and needles in my back, is this a sign of something bad, or is it just because im tense?

your probably feeling tense hun!!!!!
    how mad, i thaught i was the only one who felt like that!!! try doing the excercises, i when i remember of couse, try to notice my body, and i tense? etc, where and relax them. i think it helps to prevent a build up. dont forget pims and needles can be from hyperventilating.

its most probably trapped nerves, dont worry. ok easier said then done, but give that a go any ways xxxxxxx feel free to pm me

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information