Thread: Small victories

Small victories

A tiny victory to report today: a feeling of calm has come from nowhere. I wonder if all the running and calm breathing I've been doing has started to kick in? Or perhaps it's because I've started with a new counsellor. Either way, I'm proud of this old body for finding a breathing space for a day or two, however long it lasts...

Re: Small victories

That's great! The exercise is so good for you in so many ways...not the least of which is to burn off stress. Keep it up

Re: Small victories

Yes, good positive thinking. No questioning why you don't feel anxious, embrace feeling better and the more you do this, the more you will have these periods until that the blips become less & less...at least that's what I found.

Exercise can be a great helper for people. And I found things like breathing exercises, PMR, etc didn't help at first but it was more about just doing them as a routine until my subconscious started to understand how feeling other than anxious actually felt.

Be proud, you achieved it, no one else!

Thread Information