Thread: Heart flutters

Heart flutters

Hi
    I feel like I am going demented. I am sick of going to the dr to be told I have an etopic heartbeat and that I am just sensitive to them. I was also diagnosed with panic disorder, but it's because of these flutters that make me panic. I have been. Intensive care in the coronary unit, I have had many tests all inconclusive yet I still get them and then I sweat terribly and I feel like I am going to drop dead. My heart will thud as well. Am scared

Re: Heart flutters

Is it the flutters that make you panic, or the panic that causes the flutters? Sounds like a classic panic attack with the sweating, heart pounding, fear of dropping dead.

I had exactly the same thing. I convinced myself it couldnt possibly be anxiety, and I was going to keel over and die from a heart attack, which would cause a panic attack (which I mistook for symptoms of a H.A.). It took 2 ECGs and two lots of blood tests to begin to convince myself there was nothing seriously wrong with my heart, and several weeks of waiting to just 'drop dead'. Well, I didnt drop dead. And I still havent. I have managed to get my panic disorder under control with the help of medication, and guess what, my heart is now fine. Now more tachycardia/ectopics/palpitations/skipped beats.
    Trust me, I was 100% convinced it was my heart that was causing the symptoms. It wasnt, it was the panic. I know what I am saying will convince you. Several people told me what I am now saying to you, and there is no way I believed them. But now the panic is controlled, I have had no problems at all, and no longer worry about the odd ectopic beat.

Are you on medication for the panic disorder?

hi u and me bth pal exactly what i say its the flutters that make us panic thats what i tell my doc and she says but sometimes we can be anxious and not know it but im certain im calm i just dont know anymore mate

I was the same - so sure that the flutters were what was making me panic and that I was perfectly relaxed until the flutters started. Still not entirely convinced that it is not that way round but all heart tests so far have turned up nothing so I am now trying to believe that it was anxiety induced - am just waiting for the results of my 24 hour ecg now.......I had some flutters whilst it was on so hoping that if these are assessed as harmless on the ecg I will be able to believe it and move on from this fear!

hi im still waiting 2 c a cardiologist hopefully i can have a 24 hour ecg. been waiting so long there not that bad at mo i just hope they come when i wear 1. cause this is so scary not knowing and like u move on from the fear of it all.

hi guys, this is exactly what ive been feeling, have been so worried about it. i am constantly sitting with my jaw clenched because i am so tense, my shouldes and neck ache all the time cos i am so tense and then i feel uncomfortable in my chest. its a vicious circle, then i feel as if i cant breath properly and have to keep yawning to get enough air in ! god i feel such an idiot, i should know better , i have suffered with anxiety for 20 years, i though i would have had every symptom possible by now, but it seems not ! lol

hey i get these too! i think alot of us get these if not all of us! they're normal, i suggest u see a psychiatrist or a counsellor, they really are great and often times talking therapy really reduces your anxiety levels. x

Thread Information