Thread: Bobbing Head........

Bobbing Head........

I know this sounds crazy,but i have sufferd with Anxiety for over a year now,and just lately,the dizzieness and light headed feelings,have got really bad,esp the "bobbing head"feeling,if i am at my PC,or watching tv,my head feels as it it bobbing up and down,and i cant seem to stop it,only if i focus on not doing it.

I am also having eyestrain type feelings in my eyes (where else!!!)

Does anyone else suffer from this,because at the moment i am worried it might be a tumour????

THANKS
    Edward.

Edward
    I'm not sure about your symptoms, but I can reassure you that just about every one of us posting to this forum will have thought they have a brain tumour at one point or other. This despite the fact that they are so rare your average GP will see about two brain tumour cases in his entire career! Perhaps it's because the physical sensations we experience in anxiety seem firmly rooted in the head, and we start to convince ourselves a brain tumour could be the physical cause of it.

Jim

Hi Edward

I've never thought I had a brain tumour, but I have often experienced strange "feelings" in my eyes.

One day, whilst feeling pretty poorly, I found myself rocking a'la one flew over the cuckoos nest style!

Anxiety can make the body do the most bizzare wierd and wonderful things, and it's best if you can try and learn to accept this, and just keep repeating, oh that tumour/stroke/coronary etc. symptom is just my stupid anxiety playing me up again. Bugg** off you horrible feeling.

The more you don't thinkg about it and the more you can forget it the more it will disappear. Honest

Charlie

Thanks guys.
    I know this is a very unusual sympton,but it it very irritating!!!!

Must be down to the anxiety,because i have been so busy over xmas,i hardly noticed it.

Hey Edward ,

Well there you go.. next time it comes remember that if you distract yourself and keep active and busy it dissipates . A tumour would not do that !!

If you haven't had your eyes checked within the last year book in to have them done. That may be real eye strain .

Meg

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
    Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

I used to do this - sit there bobbing - only just remembered when you mentioned it!!

It is ok now so like everyone says it can't have been a brain tumour or I would probably be dead by now!

Nicola

Thread Information