Thread: Mirena Coil

Mirena Coil

Hi guys

Just some advice have any of you had this fitted? I had it a week ago now & still getting like random pressure crampy feelings down below not my abdomen but like where your pubic hair would be! I am also gettin random back & pelvis aches/cramps.

I am also still spotting intermittently too. I tried feeling for the threads Sunday & cant find them so im seeing the doctor today.

Would appreciate your personal experiences of the mirena.

Nic xxx

Re: Mirena Coil

Hello,

I've had same coil fitted approx 5 yrs ago and it does take a while for the oestrogen to emit and settle things down. I did have initial problems like yourself but they all dispersed after a few weeks.

Incidentally, I have never been able to feel the tags, which doesnt concern me so please dont worry... am sure all is well.

Hope helps.
    Rouska.

Hi, I am on my second one and when I had the first fitted it was very painful for a while and I bled heavy for a week along with cramps but it did settle down. I can sometimes feel the tags but not always. If you are worried then go back to the docs. They should do a 6 week check on it anyway.

Purple xxx

I had the mirena coil fitted and my pain was so bad that I had it taken out after 1 month; it was like labour pains as my uterus was trying to push it out. It works wonders for some people, but for me the pain was not worth it, BTW my threads tucked themselves up so I couldn't feel them either, but doctor found them easy enough.

Thread Information