Thread: Magnesium, Zinc, Chromium & Calcium!

Magnesium, Zinc, Chromium & Calcium!

Hi Guys

I've just been doing a bit of research online (my favouriste pass time lately!) and came across the paragraph below. It looks really interesting and its the first time I've heard these vitamins mentioned in relation to anxiety. I'm already taking Vit B, Vit C & Fish Oils ('ll be flamin rattling soon!) but if these can help too then show me the way to the chemist!!!! Is anyone else taking these? Any advice appreciated! Thanks.

"A stressed body in constantly high preparedness (alarm) level uses up all its vitamins and minerals more rapidly than normal. This is especially true for vitamin B, vitamin C, calcium and magnesium. After such a period the body reaches a stage of exhaustion. To break this you need an intake of vitamins and minerals, which can be taken as food additives. The B vitamins are especially important for the central nervous system, and the C vitamins strengthen the immunosystem. Calcium is involved in the nervous signalling system and magnesium is believed to help against depression, dizziness and PMS. Common signs on lack of magnesium is bad sleep and early wake-up hours. During heavy stress periods you can loose more than half of the stored magnesium. Drinking one Cola leads to a loss of 150 milligram magnesium, since the Cola contains phosphorous that kicks out magnesium from the body. Zink and chromium can also be important. Too much vitamin B might increase the anxiety, while calcium, magnesium and zink calm the nervous system. It is difficult to propose a suitable dose, the recommendations vary. Ask a Pharmacy or a medical professional about dosing."

I'm probably far behind everyone here (I'm usually a bit slow on the uptake!) but I've just found that Holland and Barratt do Calcium Magnesium & Zinc tablets in one!

Has anyone used these?

Thanks!

Hi again Tygwyn,

Liked your post - it made me run upstairs and find a book I read recently - many on this site may well have read it - 'You are what you eat' - Dr Gillian McKeith.

I read it earlier this year and it is packed with lots of interesting things. It has many interesting sections, the one that may interest you is the stress one. There's a section on foods that stress and foods which de-stress. Think you might enjoy this book. I will pm you separately on this.

Hope you had a good afternoon and managed what was planned.

with love

Elaine XX

hi there
    check out this post...
    [Link removed invalid url]
    hope it helps

Sandy
    (eeyorelover)

If the world didn't suck... we'd all fall off

im so glad this topic was brought up, i also been doing research, and im suire i found that lack of certain vitamins and suger cause panic attacks.
    Maybe.... (delete this post if its a bad idea)some of us could do a little test for like a month or so.... Take vitamins and eat healthy and see what the outcome is?!
    Becci x x x

hi, i started taking b complex recently and lots of seeds from h and a. my depression is lifting a bit, i feel less tired. is it the b vits? how long do they take to kick in normally? x

apriltones

Re: Magnesium, Zinc, Chromium & Calcium!

Quote Originally Posted by Elaine1 View Post
    Hi again Tygwyn,

Liked your post - it made me run upstairs and find a book I read recently - many on this site may well have read it - 'You are what you eat' - Dr Gillian McKeith.

I read it earlier this year and it is packed with lots of interesting things. It has many interesting sections, the one that may interest you is the stress one. There's a section on foods that stress and foods which de-stress. Think you might enjoy this book. I will pm you separately on this.

Hope you had a good afternoon and managed what was planned.

with love

Elaine XX
    Sorry to bump up an old thread but I did a Search on Chromium and this thread appeared.

I really want to be aware of what foods I am putting into my body. I want to understand what alleviates stress and anxiety and more importantly, what to avoid to trigger same symptoms.

I did read that Chromium balances out blood sugar levels and is good for anxiety but then I read somewhere that Chromium isn't good for anxiety. So am seeing my GP next week, so will ask her. I take Olanzapine daily so want to check what I can and can't have.

Thread Information