Thread: Throat infection 2+ weeks & Bumps on Uvula.

Throat infection 2+ weeks & Bumps on Uvula.

Yeah well here I am again, I just had dinner & brushed my teeth shortly after, this usually follows with an inspection of the mouth for me, especially since i've been having throat pain lately. I went to the doctor 2 days ago & he said I had a mild throat infection...Anyways, i looked in the mirror and I noticed a small red bump on my uvula, Which ofcourse got me all shaky & Wobbly again.
    Does anyone know if this is normal with throat infections?
    And I read somewhere that throat infections are supposed to dissappear within 7-10 days...How come I still have mine after 2+ weeks of a sore throat? :(

Kind Regards,

Kraggy

Re: Throat infection 2+ weeks & Bumps on Uvula.

Everyone is different and Google will just give you an average. A red spot/bump on your ulvula is no doubt part of your mild throat infection. Not anything sinister - take extra Vitamin C or a good multi vitamin and try not to worry because your too young for any kind of sinister throat issues!

Hey hello

Do you get any reflux? Sometimes this can give you a sore throat and make it a bit red. I get that when im really anxious and i dont eat for too long.

Maybe it would help if you didnt check your throat before bed? I dont know about you but i always get quite stressed and super wound up when i check myself and so now i only do it when i can handle finding something ....which is never!!

Bed time is for relaxing and recharging for the next day, i would find that hard if i checked myself for problems before going to bed.

Just an idea!!

Lisa
    xxx

i have had my throat infection for almost a month now. x

After eating I do get a sensation like something is comming up in my throat, allmost like a hiccup. or something in that direction. But I heard that reflex usually ends with a sour taste in the mouth because it goes all the way up. But mine seems to go back down before that, asif my reflexes shut my throat before it can raise any further.

Unfortionatly I did another check earlier today, and noticed the left Tonsil is swollen, where my right one of still smaller...Also I had a bit more lighted look at the bumps on my Uvula, they look like a small cluster or yellow bumps. Allmost sore-like. But they dont hurt at all, the pain I feel is a bit deeper in.

I'll try to stop the frequent checked of my throat, im actually starting to feel that After stopping googling, stopping the obessive self checking is the next step to getting cured xP

Thread Information