Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is it time to ask dr for meds?

Re: Is it time to ask dr for meds?

Quote Originally Posted by nesky View Post
    not bad cheers, you?

probably wait until sunday to start the meds. i think my current employer would probably be alright with it, but i hate this job so i'm hoping to start a new one soon.
    Hey not too bad my self either thanks, had better days though, but we carry on! May I ask what you do for work? And is this new job the same sort of work? Yeah try and stick with the doseage and always consult with your Gp first on any dose changes and good luck on getting your new job too

Quote Originally Posted by Bigboyuk View Post
    Hey not too bad my self either thanks, had better days though, but we carry on! May I ask what you do for work? And is this new job the same sort of work? Yeah try and stick with the doseage and always consult with your Gp first on any dose changes and good luck on getting your new job too
    i work in a unit for people with challening behaviour, so basically get attacked physically & verbally all day. the new job i'm hoping for is pest control, which i used to do and actually enjoyed.

after a while i might be able to ask for a certain morning or afternoon off. i'll see how meds go first as they could work a wonder on their own.

have you had a similar experience/suffered with ad/depression?

Quote Originally Posted by nesky View Post
    i work in a unit for people with challening behaviour, so basically get attacked physically & verbally all day. the new job i'm hoping for is pest control, which i used to do and actually enjoyed.

after a while i might be able to ask for a certain morning or afternoon off. i'll see how meds go first as they could work a wonder on their own.

have you had a similar experience/suffered with ad/depression?
    Hey total respect to you for the job you are in currently in helping other unfortunate people but can see why you want out totally Yeah main experiences are through long term depression been off meds for years as they made me like a zombie but trying other therapies and other things too like peer support groups possibly don't over look the therapy side though keep that in mind

Hey total respect to you for the job you are in currently in helping other unfortunate people but can see why you want out totally Yeah main experiences are through long term depression been off meds for years as they made me like a zombie but trying other therapies and other things too like peer support groups possibly don't over look the therapy side though keep that in mind
    thanks i will do, was going to look for my old cbt notes to read through those.

one problem i think about with the meds. what if i'm acting too happy, people will wonder what's up, they might think i'm strange being happy as most people know me as generally miserable. haha. they might think i'm on something, which obviously i would be

ahh that's just social anxiety isn't it haha, presuming i can mind read.

i'm worried also if i'm acting differently, that i won't know that i'm acting differently. does that make sense?

Didn't try the meds again since the first day on them. I'm going to try to get back to cbt as it really did help before.

I don't feel any worse than i did say 6 months ago so it's no rush really. Just a few things which social anxiety is preventing me doing but not the end of the world

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information