Thread: CBT Online?

CBT Online?

hi everyone can anyone recommend doing cbt online. i would love to speak with someone to do cbt over skype rather than face to face. any recommendations appreciated

Re: CBT Online?

I don't know tbh but id love to do this

me too I know there will be costs involved but it would be so worth it.

I would highly recommend this one http://cbt4panic.org/

I'm not sure if there is anywhere u can do cbt via Skype but you can do it via telephone, I'm due to start it on Wednesday so will be interesting to see how effective it is

I think therapy in any type of form is a great idea! Good luck.

Online CBT can be accessed free of charge in the UK if your local trust is part of those who offer it. Ask your GP.

Online CBT is considered the same level as such as Guided Self Help on the NICE Stepped Care Model. So, if can be accessed quite quickly & easily compared to full therapy which is the level above.

According to NICE & NHS, online CBT has accepted evidence it can be as effective as face-to-face sessions but only if it's supported. If it's not supported, it has no evidence so it's unclear with those packages. But any CBT can useful, like the CCI ones.

CBT4PANIC is chargeable these days and I don't know if it's supported as it doesn't make that clear. I do know there is a free one called Panic Center in Canada and that's supported and also has a small forum.

Thread Information