Thread: I cry at anything

I cry at anything

I cry at anything. Even silly things like watching wanted down under. When the family is getting messages from home I'm in tears as well. I'm male so shouldn't do it. I'm scared my family will notice. Any advice.
    Steve

Re: I cry at anything

The idea that men should not cry is an extremely damaging one. It's JUST an idea - it doesn't mean you have to agree with people that believe that. Do you think that women should have the same opportunities as men? Then as a man, you should have equal opportunity to express your feelings.

It's better to let tears out. Did you know that tears contain chemicals that calm you down? They are your body's way of expressing distress and calming down afterwards.
    Not expressing distress can cause all sorts of other problems. It's much better to let it out.

I do too! I cried in the doctor's office last week when there was a chance that they wouldn't accept my insurance. It was pretty embarrassing. I also wish I didn't cry so frequently or publicly.

Don't worry Steve! It's quite NORMAL even for a MAN!!! I have had some awful and sad family experiences where ambulance calls have been required. Now, even years later, I still well up when I hear the ambulance sirens and see the blue lights, knowing an awful trauma is out there for someone. I would say better to feel like that than a totally unemotional psychopath, and I have met some of those! Things could be a lot worse!!

Oh I'm a big cry baby too! The older I get the worse I get! Movies, injured pets, my kids. Of course my therapist tells me to go back on mediation. No thanks. I rather be then a zombie. lior is right, tears to release chemicals. I still can't believe society encourages men not to cry, its perfectly normal.

Thread Information