Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: i turned down theropy

i turned down theropy

a NHS therapist came to assess me yesterday, she said brian i can take you on.i said i dont want therapy at 69 not from the NHS BIBLE i had that years ago and it was a bag of crap. CBT 2 in 10 people get relief from CBT NHS STYLE of group therapy, the therapist that wants to take me on is guided by the nhs bible. IT is years out of date, some say if it ain't broke don't fix it but it was broke when they launched it. she said think about it for a week before you decide, i said thinking about it is making me ill so no thanks, she want to come to my house, i dont want her in my house LADY THERAPIST PLEASE DO ONE YOU DONT HELP YOU MAKE THINGS WORSE THAT GOES FOR ALL NHS THERAPIST , at 69 i need meds not advice

Re: i turned down theropy

Then I suggest you go to your doctor and get some medication! Not sure what NHS is. Therapy will only work if you apply what you learn. Take care of yourself.

The NHS is the UKs National Health Service that runs hospitals and clinics . May I suggest to the Op they try a mental health charity such as mind that is nothing to do with the NHS Please don't knock therapy as it can be very beneficial if you put your mind to or some meditation

Quote Originally Posted by braindead View Post
    a NHS therapist came to assess me yesterday, she said brian i can take you on.i said i dont want therapy at 69 not from the NHS BIBLE i had that years ago and it was a bag of crap. CBT 2 in 10 people get relief from CBT NHS STYLE of group therapy, the therapist that wants to take me on is guided by the nhs bible. IT is years out of date, some say if it ain't broke don't fix it but it was broke when they launched it. she said think about it for a week before you decide, i said thinking about it is making me ill so no thanks, she want to come to my house, i dont want her in my house LADY THERAPIST PLEASE DO ONE YOU DONT HELP YOU MAKE THINGS WORSE THAT GOES FOR ALL NHS THERAPIST , at 69 i need meds not advice

Hi so at 69 years old why do you think therapy or advice as you put it may not be for you.. obviously people have different choices of how they would like to be treated and you have chose the medication route but NHS therapy is changing just as the world is nowadays. The digital world we live in brings extra added pressures and different issues...

Maybe you have 69 years worth of life pressures to get off your back which may take Longer than the average therapy sessions, I'm 31 and I'm in therapy and I have been in therapy since October and doesn't look like I'm finishing any time soon...

I take meds and do therapy Together I'm as stable as I could be....

Just my 2 cents

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by snowghost57 View Post
    Then I suggest you go to your doctor and get some medication! Not sure what NHS is. Therapy will only work if you apply what you learn. Take care of yourself.
    NSH national health service , my friend

NSH national health service , my friend
    Already explained Cheers

Re: i turned down therapy

A reason i was put off therapy, we were talking MEDS real and generic i said i came off Prozac years ago when it became generic on to fluoxetine and crashed a week later , the generics weren't regulated like they are now, and she piped in the some of her patients say there generics are hit and miss has if she agreed. now this set me back a professional talking has if are meds our pot look, Now can you see why i dont want therapy if they can throw in a trigger like that

A reason i was put off therapy, we were talking MEDS real and generic i said i came off Prozac years ago when it became generic on to fluoxetine and crashed a week later , the generics weren't regulated like they are now, and she piped in the some of her patients say there generics are hit and miss has if she agreed. now this set me back a professional talking has if are meds our pot look, Now can you see why i dont want therapy if they can throw in a trigger like that
    So what do you plan to do now? Stay as you are, and suffer? Or may be seek none med therapy ? Cheers

I understand people have different triggers but a therapist job is not to disagree with you, to me it seemed that she was reasoning with your point. We all have our own psych views and opinions. I personally prefer taking 'real' seroquel xr rather than quetiapine xr and I said exactly same thing to pharmacist and they said yes a lot of people prefer the brand.. as in life most
    People prefer a brand than generic... say if you was to buy a car you would prefer a Bentley over a skoda but both get you from a to b. Never mind as said everyone's choice in recovery is different and unique just seems a bit snap decision based on something you assume she agreed upon

Quote Originally Posted by Benjammin69 View Post
    I understand people have different triggers but a therapist job is not to disagree with you, to me it seemed that she was reasoning with your point. We all have our own psych views and opinions. I personally prefer taking 'real' seroquel xr rather than quetiapine xr and I said exactly same thing to pharmacist and they said yes a lot of people prefer the brand.. as in life most
    People prefer a brand than generic... say if you was to buy a car you would prefer a Bentley over a skoda but both get you from a to b. Never mind as said everyone's choice in recovery is different and unique just seems a bit snap decision based on something you assume she agreed upon

She was implying that 1 box of the same brand could be different to the next, your ok with that are you i am not

---------- Post added at 18:42 ---------- Previous post was at 18:38 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Bigboyuk View Post
    So what do you plan to do now? Stay as you are, and suffer? Or may be seek none med therapy ? Cheers
    I have been on meds 40 years GENERIC you have no choice on the NHS THERE ALL GENERIC
    Last edited by braindead; 24-05-17 at 18:56.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information