Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Citalopram side effects

Citalopram side effects

i've been taking Citalopram 10mg now for about 10 days and i'm feeling very sick - is this normal and does it go away? I've also noticed pins and needles in my arm, is this a side effect or unrelated?
    thanks

Laughter is a tranquilizer with no side effects

hi.
    im not on this but my friend is and is complaining of feeling sick..i did when started prozac but has worn off,,friend is on day 4 of citalopram ,but she was on it before and had same symptoms..dont know about the pins and needles ,if your concerned ask your gp .best of luck.

jools xx

im on citalopram and the sickness is normal to begin with so dont worry.If you are worryied that much give your gp a quick ring as i did the frist few weeks off taking them they get this all the time!xxx

I've just been given citalopram, don't want to take it scared of side effects - arghhh, don't feel too bad atthe moment don't want to make me feel worse. Last time I took a 20mg tablet in an hour I was in the loo with upset tummy. yet 4 years ago i was fine, i don't understand. I'm very confused!

Daisybun

'This too will pass'

Re: Citalopram side effects

I have been on Citalopram 40mg for 6 almost 7 yrs. im coming off them again now, been on and off in that period mostly on them. been a wk without.feel like every1 hates me,im cryin, hav blurry vision n im extremely worried i need to go back on them,im actually due to pick up a new script today after more suicidal thoughts,

Dont be sad ur not alone xxxx U will be fine.

hi,

dr gave me 20mg citalopram, i took it once and i felt like i wasnt on this planet i never took it again. this was my reaction to it but other people may be fine on it

jenniexxxx

Citalopram completely took my body by surprise. As a 17 year old, fairly healthy girl, I wasn't expecting the side effects my doctor had warned me about.
    My GP warned me that I'd feel ill for a few days but it would wear off.

My GP failed to mention the dry mouth, sweating, panicy feeling, insomnia combined with drowsiness and also slurred speech. It was like the two 20mg tablets I had taken in 2 days were raiding my body for toxins or something.

I made the mistake of taking the tablet in the morning. I then had to deal with all of these side effects throughout my second day of the drug.

I've found that taking it at night helps, and please ensure you are well hydrated. I haven't been taking it long, but already the side effects are wearing off.

I'm not sure about the pins and needles. It may be a side effect, but I would ring your doctor or ask to see him/her again about that issue.

Good luck x

I'm on day 16 of taking citalopram 20mg.

The first week was pretty awful, I was laid up in bed literally not moving except to go to the toilet because I just felt unbelievably lethargic, the nausea/upset tum was pretty awful to begin with & one night I only got about an hours sleep...just tossing and turning and praying not to actually vomit.

After being on it for about 7/8 days I did start to feel better and last week I felt 'normal' & optimistic for the first time in months. I was able to motivate myself to get out and do things I needed to, I drove my car for the first time in about 3 months & I was finally able to start eating normals meals & enjoying it!

However yesterday I started feeling like I'm going back to how I've been for so long, just tired, weird 'tension' in my tummy & feeling very anxious about being ill and just quite irritable and miserable. My appetite has diminished quite a lot too, even though it's not been back for long.

I think it's still early days though & I guess I can't expect to just feel better and not have bad days ever again..it's just nice that I was starting to feel like a normal happy person again.

hello all,

the problem with this med is that it worsen the problems the patient already has. ex: if the patient experience nausea it will get worst. So the trick is that it takes you down from where are an then up. The down point is the moment that you dont have to quit!

good luck

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information