Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: any one on citalopram/ help....

any one on citalopram/ help....

hi im a newbie to this chronic thing we all share,
    my question is this when u up a dose10mg- 20mg- to-40mg in 4 weeks do u get increased anxiety/diarrea(soz cant spell) vomiting cant take this anymore feels like im getting worse not better also the worrying and nervousness has trebled aarrgghhh help me god

Maybe your upping it to quick hun?
    Im on citalpram as well and its taken four months just to up it to 20mg,without anymore sideaffects other than at the begin!
    It takes a good few weeks for your body to adapt to a small dose let a lone 40mg.If i may suggest going back to asmaller dose for a few more weeks.Increase them slowly and i think you will find it should help with the side affects.
    Good luckxxx

thanks for that do u have more side effects if u reduce do u know

Hi Ju Ju
    I stopped taking citalopram as i didnt think they were doing anything, that was 10 days ago, since then ive felt really sickly stomached ,it is getting better though, when i first went on them they made my anxiety worse, which was something i didnt want, stuck it out for 4 weeks and then id had enough so thats why i stopped
    take care
    denise

Most people will get side affects the frist few months all so.But i really do think it depends on how much you start on,to how servere the side affects may be.The Drug its self is a big shock to the body, so there for it should be increased slowly and reduced slowly!
    It depends on how long you have been on 40mg for as to how quickly to reduce.If you only been taking 40mg a few days cut back to 30mg for a week all so and see how you get on.
    If you had given it more time you may have been ok on 20mg,it just takes agood couple of months all so to work.
    It really did take afew months befor i noticed anything.I just upped it very slowly.
    Sometimes people can be alittle bit quick to up this drug befor its even be given a chance to do its job hun,no pun intended.Which then causes even more sideaffects befor the bodys even adjusted to the dose it has been given befor upping it!
    My friend is also on these meds and started on 5mg and is now on 15mg.And shes had no major probs.
    It maybe after all that this drug isnt for you,but just try to give it a chance.
    You shouldet hopefully feel any worse than you already do by dropping the dose alittle.I hope this helps.
    Good luck sweetxxx

Hi again Juju, Two heads is spot on, it must be upped gradually to avoid any major side effects.

Polly

on gp's advice i am trying to get off these tablets(10mg for 9mnths) wen coming off them i have problems going to the loo often so for 4 days i took none but i cant face going out? anyone find cipramil give you the runs?

Hi Hun

I am new to NMP. My GP put me on citalpram, initially 10mg then 20mg. After 9 wks I felt worse with anxiety/depression.

Finally my husband took me back to my GP and said they were not working and he swopped them.

We both felt they were not making a difference, in fact I felt suicidal. I stopped taking them 6 days ago and feel bad but they need to leave my system in order for the new one to start working (hopefully).

I believe I should have reduced them slowly rather than stop taking them. Please be careful about slowly reducing them.

Take care

Fran

Fran i tried reducing gp put me on liquid drops but they were not effective so he put me back on 10mg tablets saying ' try 1 every other day' but didnt agrree with my digestive system but i feel rotton but at least i dont use a toilet roll a day 4 days without thanks for your comments

The increase of this drug should be slow, if an increase is needed. Also reducing the amount.
    You should take the dose first thing in the morning - as you wake up, and then have food about half- 1 hour later.
    If you do need to increase I suggest that you have 10mg in the morning and again at midday so that you do not ingest so much so quickly.
    Discuss with your own GP, side effects should be minimalised as well.

there's a place that I dream of when I sleep, so peaceful, so quite, I call it mother earth.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information