Thread: Rhodiola Rosea or Kalms

Rhodiola Rosea or Kalms

Has onyone with anxiety had any success with any of the above or any other herbal remedies?

Re: Rhodiola Rosea or Kalms

I've tried Kalms a couple of times but unfortunately it didn't really help me much at the time - I think my anxiety was too severe, especially as I also get intrusive negative thoughts with mine. But it may well work for you though, so it's worth a try.
    Rescue Remedy spray is also popular on here, but again, it doesn't seem to help much when my anxiety gets above a certain level - however I always have some in the house.

The best herbal remedy I have ever tried (the only one that has been effective for me) is Dr. Stuarts Tranquility Tea xx

Hi Nick,

Just be sure that if your GP decides to try the medication route, that you check any herbals out using a drugs interaction checker like on Drugs.com.

Whilst we are supposed to take the advice of our GP's here, they can be patchy in their knowledge of not only supplements but even antidepressants too. A pharmacist is usually a safe bet though.

Of the herbals, I do know that Gingko Biloba is not too be used with many antidepressants and we all know that St. Johns Wort is a problem. Drugs.com's interaction checker will tell you if its a problem though.

Camomile tea works on the same receptors as benzodiazepines so may be worth a try. Its subtle though - and if Kalms didn't do much for you then maybe camomile won't - but it can't help to give it a go and its lovely with a spoonful of honey. N-ascetyl-cysteine is also worth trying.

I find Passion Flower useful, i've been using RHodiola and can't say iv come to any conclusion but the Passiom Flower and Chamomile Tea definately have an effect on me.

Quote Originally Posted by Emphyrio View Post
    Camomile tea works on the same receptors as benzodiazepines so may be worth a try. Its subtle though - and if Kalms didn't do much for you then maybe camomile won't - but it can't help to give it a go and its lovely with a spoonful of honey. N-ascetyl-cysteine is also worth trying.
    There is an article on the NICE database recommending further trials of chamomile & gingko biloba which showed promise in mild anxiety.

Just be careful though as gingko biloba reacts with many antidepressant medications so is not advised. On that basis, it may react with similiar herbals.

I tried Kalms but didnt really do anything for me. But I think with any herbal remedy its best to give it a try and they will work different for different people.

Thread Information