Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Can anxiety make me feel this ill?

Can anxiety make me feel this ill?

I have suffered from anxiety and panic attacks for about 16 years on and off.
    I just wondered if anyone else has experienced this:

After going through a stressfull period, through which I've managed to cope, with the odd panic attack, once everything's settled down and I can relax, I start to feel really ill. First I get dizzy spells and then I start to feel as though I'm coming down with flu except the flu never materialises. I just feel as though I have a low grade fever with a head ache for most of the time and it can go on for weeks and weeks.

It's happened three times to me. Last time I went for all sorts of blood tests because I was convinced there was something very wrong with me. They couldn't find anything and my husband decided to take me away on a holiday. On the first day there all my symptoms disappeared.

I've had a very stressful few month since Christmas and now that things are back to normal I've started feeling ill again. I want to put it down to anxiety but there's still a niggling little voice in my head telling me there's something medically wrong.

Please, if anyone has experienced this, tell me about it. I just need some reassurance and if I know what it is I'll just put up with it knowing it'll eventually go.

Thanks
    Becky

Re: Can anxiety make me feel this ill?

I get like this.. am feeling a bit like it this week...I have had a few palpitaions these last couple of days..my chest feels a little tired and i feel like i could be coming down with the cold which i know i'm not it's just my anxiety..

The physical symptoms are terrible i hate it.. your not alone x x

Thanks for replying. I don't want to carry on about it but I've read through all the symptoms I can find and although I can relate to alot of the other things like chest pains, numbness in hands, breathing problems, head-aches, tummy problems - nowhere have I seen this particular problem of feeling feverish and flu-ish.
    I had it once just after my dad died and the doctor said it was post traumatic stress - but even on that site I can't find this symptom.

Anxiety is a curse. It can cause all sorts of things. I feel for you as I have suffered with it for quite sometime. I send you my support

thankyou.
    just being on here and reading up on what others are going through has helped me to calm down alot.
    The trouble with these symptoms is that one never knows whether it's something serious or whether one should just ignore it because it's due to anxiety.

Hi Beck
    I get this too though not for weeks at a time
    I call it "after shock" as it appears after having coped with stressful situations.
    Phill

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.

Do you feel very tired after going through a stressfull time. I'm feeling so tired all the time at the moment. Just not sure whether I should bother the doctor about it or not.

I was diagnosed with GAD a couple of years ago and just recently have been anxious all the time. I am tired all the time and have made a Dr's appoinment about it just to check I'm ok as I am a bit worried (more tired than usual with my anxiety).

Quote Originally Posted by becky000 View Post
    I have suffered from anxiety and panic attacks for about 16 years on and off.
    I just wondered if anyone else has experienced this:

After going through a stressfull period, through which I've managed to cope, with the odd panic attack, once everything's settled down and I can relax, I start to feel really ill. First I get dizzy spells and then I start to feel as though I'm coming down with flu except the flu never materialises. I just feel as though I have a low grade fever with a head ache for most of the time and it can go on for weeks and weeks.

It's happened three times to me. Last time I went for all sorts of blood tests because I was convinced there was something very wrong with me. They couldn't find anything and my husband decided to take me away on a holiday. On the first day there all my symptoms disappeared.

I've had a very stressful few month since Christmas and now that things are back to normal I've started feeling ill again. I want to put it down to anxiety but there's still a niggling little voice in my head telling me there's something medically wrong.

Please, if anyone has experienced this, tell me about it. I just need some reassurance and if I know what it is I'll just put up with it knowing it'll eventually go.

Thanks
    Becky

this is exactly how I get. It starts the same way but on top of that I get more symptoms after a while the more anxiety I get. I think some of the symptoms might be stress also.. but I put them all in the same catigory.. stress, anxiety and depression.

Quote Originally Posted by becky000 View Post
    Do you feel very tired after going through a stressfull time. I'm feeling so tired all the time at the moment. Just not sure whether I should bother the doctor about it or not.
    tired is an understatement.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information