Page 138 of 138 FirstFirst ... 3888128136137138
Results 1,371 to 1,377 of 1377

Thread: Citalopram side effects?

Re: Citalopram side effects?

Quote Originally Posted by xvolatileheart View Post
    Thanks for the encouragement, honeycakes! I've now passed the 2 week mark and I feel I'm through the worst of the side effects. I still wake in the night feeling very anxious but I'm familiar with it now so I can get through it pretty easily. Probably going to up my dose next week so might have another rough patch to go but I'm looking forward to being anxiety free!
    Just so you know, for me, going up to 20mg was very difficult and I failed the first time and went back down to 10mg and sat there for 3 weeks. Once I no longer had any side effects or anxiety, I went up again to 20mg and though I did notice a few odd things, nothing was as bad as the initial increase to 20mg. My doctor even said I could sit at 10mg for a month if I wanted to, not to rush my body through it and it wouldn't be as difficult.

Thanks for the warning. I was thinking about that today actually. People here have mentioned filing their pills down, so I might do that for the first week or two (shave the pills to around 15mg) before going up to 20mg.

Well I have been on 20mg for nearly a week and it wasn't as bad for me as starting on the 10mg. The only major thing I've noticed is sleeping. I wake up often and seem to sleep very lightly! I'm hoping this is just the medication and its going to settle down soon when I can feel the full effects of the meds.

Quote Originally Posted by nicnac1987 View Post
    Well I have been on 20mg for nearly a week and it wasn't as bad for me as starting on the 10mg. The only major thing I've noticed is sleeping. I wake up often and seem to sleep very lightly! I'm hoping this is just the medication and its going to settle down soon when I can feel the full effects of the meds.
    Some people on here have said it helps avoid sleeping problems if they take it in the morning. I went straight onto 20mg and suffered a fair bit of insomnia, so I guess a shift to the morning would have helped me with that.

Some people do also say it makes no difference when they take it though.

Thanks Terry. I might have to give that ago and see if it helps. I am starting to struggle with lack of sleep now.

Sleep is also my biggest difficulty but that's really settled down in the past few days. I'm dreading what going up to 20mg will do to my sleep. I've thought about switching to mornings too, but I'll wait and see how it goes.

I first started on 20mg of CIT about 2 years ago, I seemed fine and then I had a massive crash and my anxiety has gone through the roof so they upped my dose to 40 mg about 2 months ago but I'm not feeling any better. Does anyone think I should ask to change my tablets or stick with it? I just don't feel they are working and I want to be back to my old self again

Page 138 of 138 FirstFirst ... 3888128136137138

Thread Information