Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Side effects of citalopram

Side effects of citalopram

What are the side effects of citalopram in the first few weeks.

It varies from one person to another. I tried it once and couldn't tolerate the dizziness so stopped it after only a week.

You may not get any atall.

Nicola

People will forget what you said
    People will forget what you did
    But people will never forget how you made them feel

I had dry mouth and nausea (sorry spelling) but the fatc they have worked for me has out weighed the two weeks of side effects. they dont last!!!!!

I will be honest for the first 2 weeks i felt terrible it did infact make me more depressed but the last 3 weeks have been the best weeks ive had in months i feel so much better. im more posative and i am going out all the time. im so much more relaxed when out too. my lifes on the up so my advice would be to grin and bear the side effects its worth it in the end.

Sarah x

I was on citalopram for 6 months and the main side effects disappeared after 2 weeks (bad headache, shivers etc.).
    They didn't benefit me though so I came off them, withdrawal effects lasted a good bit longer than the initial side effects (8 weeks or so).
    I hope they work for you hon, they help lots of people so good luck.

Nel xxx

hi the worst side effects for me were the dizziness spacey feeling they did help at the time i had them,but now changed the meds im on something else at moment.alot of the side effects will go after a good few weeks.good luck.

I was on them for 5mnths.

Dry mouth, dizzy, tremors, pins and needles, bad nausea (couldn't eat), totally spaced out and thought I was going round the bend, blurred vision, bad PA's when falling asleep and waking.............but this all passed after about three weeks. There was another side effect which lasted until I came off them......here's a link to the topic

sex drive

After all this I am so glad I persevered with Citalopram so I'd say STICK WITH IT!!

Lotsa luv

GG [:P]

xxx

'There are no such things as strangers; just friends we haven't made yet!'

I was nauseous and had really bad insomnia when I started them back in October. I had been on them before and this time they seemed to take ages to work but I'm glad I persevered as I have just been away to the Lake District for Christmas and there's no way I could have coped with it all without the Citalopram so stick with them!!

What's for you won't go by you

Re: Side effects of citalopram

Hello all im new to posting so forgive me if this is the wrong thread,
    Ive just been prescribed citolapram after confessing to my doctor that i had suicidal thoughts (i would never take my own life) but i just couldnt cope with the thought's, i had a terrible experience roughly 7 yrs ago with my partners infidelity and although we are still together and love each other these thoughts (what did i do wrong?) are doing my head right in, im on 20mg and taken them for 2 days, im aware of the side affects but i just couldnt carry on the way i was, mainly no motivation at home , work, with my kid's so something had to be done, i have no aggrophobia ,anxiety, panic attacks but i was prescribed said drug to get me motivated again, im fit healthy weight and very confident so does any one think this is the right medicine to take? My GP is assesing me in a month ,Thank's, Jay

Re: Side effects of citalopram

I started on 20mg of citalopram for 1 month, this had little side effects but I still felt anxious and dizzy, usual PA symptoms (reduced, but still there). Then doc put me up to 30mg and side effects have been quite bad for the first 2 weeks (upped the dose 2 weeks ago btw), as previously mentioned, spaced out, dizzy, funny vision and increased anxiety.
    However, all that said I can feel it is not as bad as it was a week ago, also getting counselling which is difficult when your talking about difficult subjects and are anxious to begin with, but again the last few times it has really helped to get me thinking about why the anxiety started and therefore to deal with it slowly.

In short, citalopram may make you bad for a few weeks but it will get better and so will you once you can shake the symptoms and deal with the root of the problem

Hang in there

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information