Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ovarian scan?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Ovarian scan?

Has anyone ever had a scan on their ovaries because the doctor found a lump?

Re: Ovarian scan?

Hi

I have had an ultrasound of my ovaries and tv scan ( not nice when they look inside ) its nothing to worry about its painless. I had to have mine because I have Endometrial Hyperplasia, try not to worry easier said then done i know x

Did the doctor find a lump? Is this your mum?

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

hi
    I had one for ovarian cysts it was an ultrasound same as when you have a baby or they can do an internal one like a camera on a stick both are painless x

Hi NicolaThe doctor found a lump on external examination my mum had her ultrasound Thursday and thru only didnt do the internal one? They said they couldn't see anything but would need to look at the photos closer. Don't feel me with confidence when the same hospital told my dad Tuesday that the xray on his lung looked like an infection and then was called that day to say it was lung cancer :(((((((

Quote Originally Posted by kirstynic View Post
    Hi NicolaThe doctor found a lump on external examination my mum had her ultrasound Thursday and thru only didnt do the internal one? They said they couldn't see anything but would need to look at the photos closer. Don't feel me with confidence when the same hospital told my dad Tuesday that the xray on his lung looked like an infection and then was called that day to say it was lung cancer :(((((((
    As you know Kirsty, I am going for an ultrasound scan this coming Friday - I have been told that they will be doing an external u/s to look at my kidneys/liver/gall bladder/spleen etc etc plus my ovaries.

I asked if I was having t/v u/s too and they said only if they cannot see a clear picture on the external scan.

Now I have been told by my GP that if you are slim then they usually do not have to use the internal u/s to look at the ovaries but if you have a jelly belly (errrr, that is definitely me then!!) then sometimes they have to.

The sonographer is not allowed to give you the results of the scan - this has to be delivered by either your GP or consultant (depending on who requested the scan) - that is why your mother was told that the pics needing looking at.

My paperwork from the hospital details all this for me - so I know what to expect on the day.

Honey it is just not like paying for a private scan where you get the results there and then - this is the NHS!!!! and they have to live by their rules and regs.

With regard to your father, I am sure that if there had been any shadows on his original x-rays that looked like anything suspicious, then they would have recalled him for a further exam. How long has he been unwell for ? And did they definitely say he had lung cancer when they gave him the results of the previous test ? Or are they having the CT scan to double check what is going on? When does he get to see the consultant for the results of his CT scan?

Thinking of you

Macc Noodle
    xxx

My dad was told for three years that he had acid reflux. He died from esophageal cancer suddenly.

I strongly believe in second and third opinions.

I had an abnormal pap once, and was told to get a scan of my ovaries. It was an internal ultrasound kind of thing. It was painless and revealed I was ok, only scar tissue, some damage to the exterior of my ovarian cells, or some doctor talk like that.

Hi Kirsty
    I had an ultrasound in Dec 2011 of my ovaries and when I asked if everything ok, he replied yes can't see anything, I'm sure if they said they couldn't see anything then they are telling the truth or they would have just said we will have to wait for the results, I would say that's a good sign for your mum.
    Jayne xx

hi kirsty
    the person who did my scan told me i had a cyst but didnt say how large it was...she just just refered me straight to the gynocologist for further investigation which really worried me ,then they told me i had an 8cm cyst which is quite large but when i went back and had an internal scan it had gone,
    i hope everything goes ok for your mum i can totally understand your feelings about the doctors after what happened with your dad and waiting is so frustrating x

HiMy dad has had a cough since November he used to be a heavy smoker. Last saturday he began coughing blood. He had a X-ray Tuesday and was called that day and told he has a large mass on his lung and it is probably most likely cancer. He had ct scan Thursday and we are waiting for news :(

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information