Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: C awareness has scared me from endoscopy

Re: C awareness has scared me from endoscopy

Quote Originally Posted by Kathryn313 View Post
    I do feel sorry for you. I read your posts when my anxiety first started and it's so hard to see you still suffering. We had a thread that you said you thought you would be dead by the 7th December, I hope to still message you then.

You and lavender have so much in common. Best wishes. Xx

Well, yes I really feel sorry for that girl and I regognise the fear as I went through the same fear of rabies almost 14 years ago. It sounds very similar to how I experienced it back then and all the tricks played on my mind. I dont really remember how I recovered from it; I guess it was just fading off as time went by. But now with my fear of PC I am going through the worst fear since that rabies fear. And now it is worse because now I fear something that is actually possible, although the chances are low. But still much higher than the chance of rabies.

---------- Post added at 20:07 ---------- Previous post was at 20:02 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Indiaav View Post
    All I want to say is please don't go googling your symptoms because it is the scariest thing in the world to do. I am having problems at the moment and am terrified of the Big C and dying, but I am going through with the tests the docs are doing because if I have this then they can do so much these days and the sooner found the better, plus it may be that it is nothing like this and you will be happy with the diagnosis in the end. I was scared I had ovarian cancer and two weeks ago they did tests and I was a total mess mentally and not sleeping, eating etc, and waiting for the result I was in my own private hell but it came through as normal! The relief was wonderful on that one but my anxiety was such that I now am going through more tests just because of my fear of different feelings I have. I would say that I have been on death's doorstep with a massive heart attack and quite honestly I was the calmest person in the room of family, paramedics, ambulance staff etc., it was like someone was with me and I honestly think I had my angels with me that day, but fear is a strong emotion and we cannot help but feel it. Please have these tests as they could (a) put your mind at rest if normal and (b) if not you can get immediate treatment started. Be strong otherwise fear will be with you all the time x
    Yes, modern medicine can treat most ilnesses and most cancer types also. Except pancreatic cancer which is of course the reason I fear that one. Only 3% survives and those who do are those who had it discovered before any symptoms appeared and in that case it would be too late for me.
    And yet I know that if I have gastritis I should not wait too long to have it checked out. But the fear of PC has scred me from it.

---------- Post added at 20:09 ---------- Previous post was at 20:07 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by almamatters View Post
    OK, I'm not an expert but I thought that CT scanning was required if an ultrasound showed abnormalities? An endoscopy would be the test for finding ulcers etc and yes if you do have something like gastris, then it's good to find out so the dr can put you on the correct medication, i was very scared before my endoscopy, for similar reasons to you to be honest, being diagnosed with a terminal disease or something horrible, but I'm glad I had it done as my acid reflux was discovered this way.

Yeah, you are probably right. I mean; those of us with no medical training easily misread the info we aqure oonline.
    I have acid reflux and I know that this may cause gastritis later. I had endescopy 10 years ago when I was gven prescription for Nexium.

Yes if you goggle any kind of stomach or digestive issues pancreatic ca will crop up somewhere. I googled obsessively for a couple of years hence my completely wrong self diagnoses of everything from pancreatic ca to brain tumour. I'm sorry you are in this cycle, those of us who experience it know how hard and debilitating HA is.

Hi Paranoid Viking, couldn't you have capsule endoscopy or transnasal endoscopy? These methods avoid the powerful gag reflex and would reveal anything untoward.

Quote Originally Posted by almamatters View Post
    Yes if you goggle any kind of stomach or digestive issues pancreatic ca will crop up somewhere. I googled obsessively for a couple of years hence my completely wrong self diagnoses of everything from pancreatic ca to brain tumour. I'm sorry you are in this cycle, those of us who experience it know how hard and debilitating HA is.
    Tell me about it. If I google left side pain I think the second things that come up is the website for the UK Pancreatic Caner awareness site. I bet that organisation has paid to be among the top search result. That is actually possible. Because I have never witnesed a more aggresive scaremongering awareness campaign in my entire life. They even have statements from fmilies of victims encouraging people to distrust the health services and do doctor shopping. But why should I do that if I am going to die anyway? So that you get treatment that prolongs life(and the pain) for what? A month? Two weeks? Or even shorten it as chemotherapy is risky and dangerous for the advanced cases of cancer. I dont think that awareness campaign is saving any life at all. But they most certainly scare people. And they have scared me so much that I am afraid of doing tests.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information