Page 37 of 152 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787137 ... LastLast

Thread: Can anybody recommend a wash basket?

Re: Can anybody recommend a wash basket?

I still worry where to put the dirty washing?

I gave up on using the bed but by using the bathroom floor I worry if I use the toilet before the stuff goes in the machine toilet germs could go near it? Now I already did this with my under wear but it’s new me putting my trousers and t shirts on that floor..

Can you put it straight in the washing machine? That’s what I do with a lot of things, and then run the washing machine 3 times a week.

Honestly though, you aren’t going to be happy with whatever you choose, you just need to learn to deal with the worry - that’s the real problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Scass View Post
    Can you put it straight in the washing machine? That’s what I do with a lot of things, and then run the washing machine 3 times a week.

Honestly though, you aren’t going to be happy with whatever you choose, you just need to learn to deal with the worry - that’s the real problem.

That’s true.

Yes generally I try and it right into the machine unless there is still a wash running or occasionally it has to sit on bathroom floor

I’m struggling with the dirty washing on the bed. Basically I opted not to put it on bed but the floor instead.

However I feel I will struggle to accept the bed will be back as a bed again I have got a new duvet and cover for it and I can turn the mattress however my urge is still to buy a new bed I get these thoughts like my sofa will have dirty washing germs on it.

It may not seem logical but I am finding these thoughts hard and using the bed as a bed will be difficult for me but I feel it’s important I restore then bed as a bed..

The ocd is playing up again

When I’ve bedn to the toilet some toilet water splashed my hands like a tiny speck so I had to shower as my head told me my phone would get germs

Also I kicked my laundry’s basket for clean washing today and I put trousers on which were dirty for one min when I cleaned the toilet so basically I want to replace the laundry crate so I thought maybe get a new one click and collect? No because I wouldn’t know where it’s been, use another one on the house that has clean washing in the cupboard? No I would still fear it’s dirty I can’t win.

It’s one of these situations where the anxiety and ocd wins nothing I do helps.

Another habit I have is I take a clean towel and get a thought it’s dirty so have to change towels and make more washing.

I see the theripst this week so I can discuss these issues

I bought a new washing crate the shop worked put it in a bag and I worry the bag was dirty as it was open maybe it was a bin bag this is what my ocd is telling me

Seems I can’t win even compulsions ain’t solving my problems

Your ocd is not necessarily a separate part of you. You cannot always blame your ocd, because you are your ocd too. I know that I don’t suffer to the extreme you do, and therefore this may be easy for me to say but, you don’t HAVE to listen to “your ocd”. You choose what to listen to. You can also choose to ignore it and all the other anxieties that stem from it.

My suitcase was close to the door when the maid changed room at my hotel I fear the wet towels from shower have went near it and I have to throw case away?

ermmm Scass has given you some good advice seems to me you either dont read it or totally dismiss what has been said to you .

I too suffer with ocd intrusive thoughts, l know how bad it can be but you seem to keep it going with this constant posting what if what if try changing it try being more positive l might seem harsh with you but you won't be able to get better by being dismissive

oh and we need a certain amount of germs to keep healthy

Best wishes

My ocd hasn’t been great

I’m getting a new phone and I won’t want the phone case delivered via the letter box. Whilst I have got over that issue and never replaced the door I worry about the phone. So I may get it delivered to an Amazon locker

Also when I’ve been on holiday I got new jeans and I worried I walked over too close to my dirty washing so I’ve not been able to wear them and I’ve had to go buy another pair of trousers so I’m still replacing.

Is there hope for my ocd? I’ve spent over £200 on therapy and I still can’t control these thoughts?

Page 37 of 152 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787137 ... LastLast

Thread Information