Thread: muscle spasms?? not even sure!

muscle spasms?? not even sure!

I'm sorry for all the posts, I'm just.. trying to find a rational explanation for my symptoms so I can stop obsessing over brain tumors.
    Do you guys get muscle spasms? I'm not even sure if that's what I'm getting..
    It's so hard to explalin.. but.. it feels kind of like a twitch or a click or almost like a heartbeat.. but only ONE.. and it can happen in various places.. my arms, legs, stomach, neck.. It doesn't hurt.. it's just a quick sort of "BLAH" and then it's gone like it never happened.
    Anyone else? At all?

“Anyone can give up, it's the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that's true strength.”

xoxox

Morning Halfwayhome,

I'm on 40mg of citalopram a day and from my fingers to my toes I'm constantly shaky, but when I find myself relaxing or even just thinking of nothing in particular I have these, well, 'spasms' that sneak up on me. I find myself jerking into an alert state and realising that anyone around me had noticed me having a mini-fit.

I've, obviously, never actually felt the feeling but I likened my all-body spasms to being cut in half from top to toe by a Samurai sword linked to the electricity system!! Daft I know but that's the sensation I get .... too much Kill Bill I think?!!!!

It's not just limited to when I'm asleep, I can be sitting still watching TV or on my computer in the office and all of a sudden some invisible being has plugged me into the mains ....... I feel like Ted Bundy!!!

Happiness and light to all,
    'Chopper'

I saw her once, one little while, and then no more:
    ’Twas Eden’s light on Earth a while, and then no more.
    Amid the throng she passed along the meadow-floor:
    Spring seemed to smile on Earth awhile, and then no more;
    But whence she came, which way she went, what garb she wore
    I noted not; I gazed a while, and then no more!

James Clarence Mangan 1803 - 1849

Hi halgwayhome

Maybe this explantion may help you understand a little more,

Chopper has already said, what is known to be true.

The nerve endings in your skin are alive with electrical impulses, these can feel like creeping sensations, pins and needles or tickling, they are the result of confused nerve impulses and cannot harm you.

I used to get this alot, strange feelings over my body, not just in one place.

I know its dame hard but try not to fear this, the more you fear a symptom the longer it can last.

Try using a relaxation cd, at least 3 times a week and also get some exercise going too at least 3 times a week even if its just short walks.

Hope This helps a little, this symtpom does pass in time.

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLXXX

Re: muscle spasms?? not even sure!

half way home,
    I am having the same thing going on. I just posted about it. For me its almost like a fluttering or pulsing sensation n it hits different areas of my body quickly n then goes away. From what I am reading people are relating this to anxiety...

I had this for a few weeks last october and november, i was really frightened. It happened all over, hundreds of times for the worst 5 days. Sometimes my leg felt like a water bed it twitched so much.

It was so intense that i was certain something was wrong, especially after other symptoms i had been getting. I instantly thought of the main 3 which an anxious mind leads but it is easy to categorically rule them out, what you are experiencing does not mean anything serious is wrong unless accompanied by other symptoms you would definately be mentioning right now if you had them so i wouldn't worry.

I went to the doctors and he assured me nothing was wrong and that is was an anxiety thing, something to do with nerves and adrenaline and it went away quite quickly after that.

Even now i get them every now and again but i just ignore them, if you try to i am sure they will pass like mine.

Good luck

yes i also get this feelin but just in the back of my neck not a nice feeling am with u with that but i just try to ignore it! go to ur gp get him.her to give u once over might put your mind at ease

All the Best

LeBec

I wouldn't worry about it it's just either tension releasing in ur muscles or ur meds making u shaky, i get it all the time, im like a jack in the box, just laugh about it now.

Since the beginning of November I have had extreme pressure behind eyes that shifts to forehead and right back to eyes . Horrible headaches and very stiff neck and to top it off occasionally these muscle spasms in my head that feel like my brain is being squeezed so tight it's going to explode, to the point where I fainted at work and 911 was called ! I am currently taking Nortriptilyn, Flexiril , and just recently got my cann. card for high CBD products. Anyone else out there that can offer advice I'm all ears !

Thread Information