Dear all Ive been in and out of the site for years now and had long spells of wellness but right now I am struggling . I have felt like this since about sep last year . I went through some difficult job changes and one of them was in security during nov dec and part of jan . this was the most horrible job ive ever had , it was cold and very demanding , searching staff etc then I took the worst cold virus ive ever had but worked through it doing days and nights . I feel ive never came down from the high level of stress which was constant with that job .
I am now in a much better job but cant seem to shake this anxiety off . I am drinking quite heavy on my 4 days off and the next day my nerves are on fire , actually this is nearly constant with random sharp nerve type pain all over body but the most distressing area is in my abdomen which causes me to flash panic and run to the loo . My fingers ache then scalp can hurt and feel creeping sensations and tingling . Front of thighs are hot and week , arm muscles feel hot and week sometimes sore . Now im wondering if I have alcoholic neuropathy . I read claire weeks books and audio to help me understand the panic state and I do understand it but feel trapped in this cycle of strange sensations and worry . I know if i take a drink to calm these feelings I will be much worse when it wears off . I am not on any medications but wonder if I should be . I,m 56 and feel im too old for all this crap , had it for so long its getting me down .
I read lots of your posts and understand how you feel and pray regularly that we can all find peace from this condition .

Bless