Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: rash/spots on penis head.

Re: rash/spots on penis head.

Yes, and doctor's are always right!! My son suffer's with eczema on his arms, and sometimes it's spread to his face... He was given hydrocortisone cream by the gp, but told not to use it on his face, as it can damage the skin. I've read things about hydrocortisone, and I know that it's pretty potent stuff... but I err on the side of natural remedies rather than conventional medicines... they very often make things worse! Maybe it would be a good idea for Worried male to do a bit of research himself? Surely that can't do any harm?

That may well be true but eczema is a a pretty chronic illness. His doctor probably thought it would be ok for short term use until the redness went down.

---------- Post added at 19:49 ---------- Previous post was at 19:46 ----------

Hydro cortisone is also one of the active ingredients in canesten.

I'm going to give it a try. Can't be any worse than putting vinegar on my penis. LOL

Tbh, it doesn't mean it's not "damaging" just because a gp prescribes it... we really need to be our own doctor sometimes, and do as much research as we can

Day 4 of treatment and i think it's working. The red blotches and spots are starting to subside. I'm hoping another 3-4 days and it will be gone.

One thing tough is the glans have started to go a pale colour. Could it be all the things i have been putting on it the last month or so?

I spoke too soon. It's come back worse than ever! There are red blotches all over my penis and the inside of my foreskin is dark red.

I'm really getting scared now. I have not slept or eaten since yesterday.

Maybe we should call in Dr. House

I hate not having a diagnoses but I guess doctors need to rule out the basics first.

Have you had a any tests done? STD test plus that swap test?
    Go back to your doctor if he doesn't know what it is, then ask for a referral to a doctor that will.
    If it's a skin problem I'm guessing a dermatologist?
    Also if you are short of cash there's a lot of free walk in sexual health clinics, considering how many people they see a day they might actually know what is going on.

Quote Originally Posted by mishel View Post
    Maybe we should call in Dr. House

I hate not having a diagnoses but I guess doctors need to rule out the basics first.

Have you had a any tests done? STD test plus that swap test?
    Go back to your doctor if he doesn't know what it is, then ask for a referral to a doctor that will.
    If it's a skin problem I'm guessing a dermatologist?
    Also if you are short of cash there's a lot of free walk in sexual health clinics, considering how many people they see a day they might actually know what is going on.
    I went to a sexual health clinic where the doctor said it was either thrush or an allergic reaction to something. Where as my GP thinks it's thrush. I had a swab taken as well as urine and that horrible thing where they stick plastic down your pee hole. All come back clear.

Get some Canesten anti-fungal cream, (Daktarin) put it on twice a day until it's gone. Unlike the cream your quack doc prescribed you this cream wont thin your skin and cause more problems.
    This type of skin condition is caused by stress, don't worry, it's very common. Give feed back after 10 days of treatment, oh and only use Simple soap products as you have sensitive skin.

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzy_Dave View Post
    Get some Canesten anti-fungal cream, (Daktarin) put it on twice a day until it's gone. Unlike the cream your quack doc prescribed you this cream wont thin your skin and cause more problems.
    This type of skin condition is caused by stress, don't worry, it's very common. Give feed back after 10 days of treatment, oh and only use Simple soap products as you have sensitive skin.
    Tried the canesten stuff and it was ineffective. Not tried Daktarin tough? Looked online, is it the stuff for athletes foot?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information