Thread: I feel a bit defeated today... any advice?

I feel a bit defeated today... any advice?

Hi All,

I could do with a bit of encouragement... I've been struggling with a bad bout of anxiety for about 6 weeks which I know is nothing compared to some people and I feel bad for whining.. I'm just feeling quite down today about the struggle.. i know it will pass, but sometimes i get very worried that this will be the one that gets me!

I've been struggling with crazy thoughts about the universe and meaning of life and I'm trying really hard to treat this as a symptom of the anxiety and carry on regardless, but i'm so tired this week and i think its getting the better of me today.. I so feel like crying, but I know I am so lucky and have no cause to feel sorry for myself.. I hate being so whiney..

Anyway, i'll stop now.. i feel better for just getting it out here... I hope everyone is doing ok.. Lots of hugs and best wishes to you all. xx

Re: I feel a bit defeated today... any advice?

its always funny isnt it that our latest bout of anxiety is the one thats gonna get us hospitalised(thats how i feel anyway)but somehow we always pull thru.look on it as just another crappy day and eventually you will start feeling better,you know this and so do i,but when we feel like this no one can tell us otherwise. you just gotta keep strong hun

Heya starlight I totally know how u feel, I am recovering at the min and am having blips here and there, I think the important thing is to just ride it out best u can, dont give it too much attention, try not to focus on it.try putting ur energy into anything that help u feel better. You will get through it xxxx

Keep your heart open to dreams,
    For as long as there's a dream,
    There is hope,
    And as long as there's hope,
    There is joy in living.

You know you will get through it because you always do. Was there ever, ever a time when you didn't get through it??? When it didn't all start to melt away after just a single positive experience???

If it helps I've decided the meaning of life is
    1. Take the best care possible of yourself so that you can stay strong
    2. Take time to visit out doors to take in the sights, smells, sounds, gorgeous sounds of the birds & the trees rustling and the glorious sunshine. Even if I feel so depressed I can't function, and it doesn't make me happy, I can't deny that there is beautiful things everywhere I look if I focus on the smaller things of the background
    3. Getting as much exercise as I can make myself do (it's hard) because then my body is happier, which makes it less hard for me to be happy
    4. Taking a break from your thoughts for a small amount of time each day
    5. Remembering to soak in the love from friends or family or spouses, whoever is in your life that cares about you. Then try to let go of what you
    "don't have" (friends I could ring up, or go visit or do fun stuff with is mine)
    6. Playing with pets. Actually playing period. Life is supposed to be fun. Jump on the swings & have a go (if your bums not too fat like mine ha ha) go on the slippery dip. Have a run. Spin around till you get dizzy. Dance or sing in your bedroom until you're stuffed. Hold your head up high & pretend that your a supermodel & strut around down the street. Wear clothes that are too bright (I love doing that. Everyone is like what r u thinking. I go, it makes me happy & thats the end of it). I bet you have so many secret yearnings that you have stifled because people say you shouldn't do this or that. I snapped. Why shouldn't anyone do whatever makes them happy??? Why should anyone else care? If you are confident & you know you are right then they will be the ones left thinking it's you that has the secret.

I still get depressed sometimes when people try to say I should be more like this, or like that. I think I am slowly coming to realise that it's not a bad thing that I'm different to lots of people. All of my favourite people are different! Why can't I be one of my favourite people too. If I went out of my way to help myself, as much as I spend trying to help everyone else, I would have been cured ages ago. I got stuck trying to help people stuck in denial. Very depressing. I wouldn't recommend it. I feel safe here.

I think the answer is to express yourself (that was a wordy way to say that). Draw or write. What do you think the universe is about? Get it down in some form in front of you. Drawing these things is great. I'ts very visual, you only need pencil & paper. Stuff can come out you didn't know u felt.
    Then u can have a break after knowing you summed it up for the day.
    Next time you can see if there is anything you want to change that it would make you happier to think. Embrace your creativity instead of blocking it as a bad thing.

The meaning of life is up to you Starlight!!! Your choice! What makes u happy???

I think Melody just wrote everything there is to that. I completely agree with her.

And i go through the same things you go through. Just the other day I was thinking these weird and crazy things.. like wow.. i can see.. i can hear.. when i've been donig it for 19 years of my life, and just started it this whole depersonalization and anxiety issues when i started college and was on extremely work overload.

But you hang in there tight.. All of us here are for you! Don't hesitiate to send a pm if you need a venting session!

Hi All,

Thank you so much for your kind replies.. Melody that was great to read! I snuggled up in bed early to catch up on some Zzzzzzz's and feel much better this morning.
    Thank you all again for your kindness xx

Thread Information