Thread: layoffs

layoffs

My husband's company just announced at least 400 layoffs ... so far he has not gotten a pink slip, but we are both on edge ... anybody been in this spot? Not sure how long it will be until we know he is in the clear ...

The worst part is the company is doing it even though they are making tons of money and expanding ... so it does not make sense.

Re: layoffs

I know how worrying this can be. My husband was in a similar situation a few year ago but instead he was given a promotion! I really hope that your husband doesn't get laid off and that you won't have long to wait to find out.

Re: layoffs

Thanks, I wish we'd just know already! I can tell he is worried although he tries to hide it to not worry me. I'm glad your situation turned out to be a positive one!

---------- Post added at 14:15 ---------- Previous post was at 10:24 ----------

So it seems like his department won't know who is getting laid off for a couple of weeks ... ugh I hate waiting. My husband says he makes too little money to get laid off, that they are getting rid of people who have been there a long time and make a lot. It is bad for everybody.

Thread Information