Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Down the Colon Cancer rabbit hole again. Do you guys have these same thoughts?

Re: Down the Colon Cancer rabbit hole again. Do you guys have these same thoughts?

Thanks Jenni,

It's weird, a lot of the people I know who have piles tell me they have horrendous bleeding... mine isn't, it's just a bit here and there... this is what makes (negative thinking) me think it's something else... And today I went and it was a very very odd stool. All different colours, quite loose but not watery. And I think bits of blood. Clear mucus when I wiped.

I have been taking psyllium and ialuronic acid for 3 days... not sure if that's doing this? I have decided no more googling. I've read everything there is to read hundreds of times, I must stop.

You stay well too lady
    xx

Re: Down the Colon Cancer rabbit hole again. Do you guys have these same thoughts?

Hi S, I’ve been in a real tizz recently over my IBS and totally understand you as I too have health anxiety, which is really out of control at the moment ��
    My guts have been sensitive for years but had settled a little bit a few years back but have flared up again the last year or so, especially the last 4 months (really stressful time with my son who has been suffering from school anxiety!)
    I have become absolutely obsessed with my digestive system, a real flare up of symptoms and for some reason, last week I flared up an external pile and often feel as though I have an internal one (had piles and a fissure after having my children, deep joy ��).
    Like I say it’s become an obsession, I know I should stay away from Dr Google and like you I’ve found myself on colon cancer sites where these poor people discribe their initial symptoms and a lot of them seem fairly mild and benign to start, freaks me out completely.
    I dread going to the toilet in the morning, I freak out as my stools aren’t how I want them to be (sorry TMI!) and I’ve even taken to looking down the toilet with a torch to inspect.
    I went to my GP last week, he says it’s IBS but I’ve asked to be referred to a gastroenterologist as I can’t keep spending my days in a constant panic over my bowels (guts are always grumbling and growling and never feel settled).
    I’m also on a waiting list for CBT, I hope to get my health anxiety under some kind of control.
    You have my full sympathy, just wish I had an answer how not to stress over it!

---------- Post added at 19:45 ---------- Previous post was at 19:44 ----------

Oh btw, which probiotics did you get and have they helped at all?

Samina, I didn't bleed much with mine at all and also passed mucus.
    I know it's hard not to google. I have spent too much time googling fistulas and strictures this evening as I am positive I have one. It's hard I know. I hope you managed to relax a little x

Fruitandnutlover, Hope all goes ok x

Good morning ladies,

Thanks for taking the time to write, it really helps to read about people who are experiencing similar issues.

Fruit, I totally hear you about having an obsession with your digestive system, I’m exactly the same, and when it’s time to go to the toilet I feel dread. I also look with a torch. I know it’s not right, I just can’t stop...

The prebiotic (not probiotic, I made a mistake) is psyllium husk with ialuronic acid. Apparently it encourages the settling of the bacteria in the gut. But I had very odd stool yesterday so now it sure whether to take it today??

That’s excellent that you’re going to see a GI, I think that's what I should do but then the fear kicks in. Stupid cycle I know :(

Thank you Jenni, it’s lunchtime and so far no dr Google. It’s a start. Every time we read something online it just fuels the anxiety... must stop.

Sending you both hugs and relaxing vibes.

Sxx

Quote Originally Posted by Jenni855 View Post
    Samina, I didn't bleed much with mine at all and also passed mucus.
    I know it's hard not to google. I have spent too much time googling fistulas and strictures this evening as I am positive I have one. It's hard I know. I hope you managed to relax a little x

Fruitandnutlover, Hope all goes ok x
    So it's not an IBD now?

I had what I thought was piles back last year but now I think (In my case and definitely not OP'S) it is all part of IBD.
    So in October I started with tummy cramps which went, diarrhoea, a couple of days of bloody diarrhoea then back to normal. Got better for 3 weeks then got what I thought was piles and bleeding, that went and then woke up with a acidic type unsettled feeling in my stomach followed by another 2 weeks of diarrhoea which again has stopped but am now left with rib/middle of chest pain which must be the IBD.
    Inflammatory disorders come with those complications which is why I googled them.

Samina, sorry to hijack the thread. It's interesting what you said about probiotics. It's probably not possible but after I took mine for a few days, the diarrhoea came back. If you are worried maybe take half of one each time and build it up slowly?

Well done for attempting to stay away from Google. I know it is far from easy xx

Don't apologize Jenni, it's normal to compare your thoughts with what's going on xx

Interesting what you say about the prebiotic, maybe I should just take half a sachet today... I think I might swing by the chemist on the way back from picking up my son and ask them for some advice. Today back to loose stools (sorry for the tmi).

As for you, piles would explain the bleeding, and definitely some stress-related IBS. Then for the pains, I know when I've been very very anxious, I tense my whole body (without realizing), then once the muscles relax, it hurts.

xxx

I think in my case it is definitely IBD but the pains sounds about right. I am very tense and have lost a lot of weight which doesn't help.
    With the probiotics it could have been a coincidence and the diarrhoea would have started anyway but it did seem to mess up my stomach and restart it all. If yout stomach is sensitive it might be best to ease into the probiotics gently. Just to give your stomach a chance to get used to it xx

Jenni,

You poor thing, that anxiety and tension is very very draining :(

So update: I just passed by the chemist and showed her the PREbiotics I have been taking and described how my intestines have been all over the shop for 10 days. I told her about the mucus and weird stool yesterday and when I showed her the sachets i was taking she was like NOOOOOOO! And has given me a box of what they call "milk enzymes" here but from reading they are PRObiotics with zinc and B vitamins. She said I should take them for about 10 days and they will reset the bacteria / flora in my stomach.

I know I will have to be patient for results but I feel good about this.

Also, coming out of my son's nursery apparently there is a lot of gastroenteritis going around... Fingers crossed things settle down.

(For all of us)

Thank you Samina x
    Hmm. So going by what your chemist said, some can do more harm then good...Hope the new ones work better for you. You are doing the right thing staying off google and watching the videos. Keep that up, You did great today.
    I have never been so anxious in my life, it really has been a draining, horrible few months. I just hope that when I get officially diagnosed with an IBD that I can lead a normal life and have other things IN my life rather then health anxieties and illness.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information